LegacyGT.com

Front suspension weird sound

fbi012

Mine is completely silent, after they tighted up the crossmember around the steering rack fyi. This noise drove me crazy before, but now that it is fixed i am in love again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine is completely silent, after they tighted up the crossmember around the steering rack fyi. This noise drove me crazy before, but now that it is fixed i am in love again.

Assuming you do not mean the front suspension H-Brace, can you tell me where this crossmember is located?

• 3 months later...

Bringing this thread back with an update:

After dealing with Subaru filed rep and my dealer I have found the source of the rattle in OBXT. As other posted this is a common issue but not clear on the source.

In my case it is coming from the front struts. When turning in circles on a rough surface (gravel parking lot) with the steering wheel at full lock the combination of the strusts travelling up and down rapidly and the design of the front end leads to the rattle. Tested other cars off the lot and they did it as well. OBXT/Legacy and the Impreza were pretty bad. The Forester did not have any hint of rattle. Not sure about the Tribeca since we did not dive one.

The Subaru position is: Normal and I have decided (finally) to learn to live with it. It is the only thing that I really dislike about this car.

Archived