LegacyGT.com

GPMoto Coilover Suspension - BP9

Rallitek.com

Trying to register to see the pics and check out the site.

What "Referring Rallitek Name" should we use to register as the registration process does not recognize Sean Sexton.

Thanks,

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Trying to register to see the pics and check out the site.

What "Referring Rallitek Name" should we use to register as the registration process does not recognize Sean Sexton.

Thanks,

SBT

You can just leave it blank. No Worries.

-Sean

I will attatch the pics here too.

The Spring rates are 6K front and 6K rear. The fronts are camber adjustble, while the rears are not. This is because the rear coilover does none of the locating the rear hub other than "hieght". the multi link suspension would require camber be delt with with the upper or lower lateral links. Top would be the easiest IMO.

This is because the rear coilover does none of the locating the rear hub other than "hieght".

Well that would have been obvious if I had actually thought before I posted :lol: Oops.

Any idea on price and when these will be available?

The price is rather high....

not to be bitching about parts cost....but comparable coilover made by HKS is around the same price (Performer model).

Now I understand brand name doesn't guarantee anything, but at the same time, the lack of reputation also doesn't guarantee anything either. Established company can command a high price for brand recognition and history, I am not sure if the GPmoto piece is the same....may be I don't know about the company history that much.

I am not a die hard JDM fan, but rather I am looking for a quality product with good reputation and high reliablity. I have Zeal function B6 on my other car, and I was very satisfy with what I got, despite the price. While on that same car, the Tein coilover I had sucked BIG TIME, and worn out within a year. My little story is to illustrate that I am not a "JDM is the best" kind of guy, but rather looking for something proven to work well.

Would somone care to give a bit of history about this GPmoto company? May be applications for other cars can illustrate the durability and ride quality. I don't believe that because it rides nice new means it will ride nice in a year, because I have seen Tein failed that first hand, and my friend's JIC FLT-2 failed in the same car. Not trying to be antagonistic, just looking for some facts.

The price is rather high....

not to be bitching about parts cost....but comparable coilover made by HKS is around the same price (Performer model).

Now I understand brand name doesn't guarantee anything, but at the same time, the lack of reputation also doesn't guarantee anything either. Established company can command a high price for brand recognition and history, I am not sure if the GPmoto piece is the same....may be I don't know about the company history that much.

I am not a die hard JDM fan, but rather I am looking for a quality product with good reputation and high reliablity. I have Zeal function B6 on my other car, and I was very satisfy with what I got, despite the price. While on that same car, the Tein coilover I had sucked BIG TIME, and worn out within a year. My little story is to illustrate that I am not a "JDM is the best" kind of guy, but rather looking for something proven to work well.

Would somone care to give a bit of history about this GPmoto company? May be applications for other cars can illustrate the durability and ride quality. I don't believe that because it rides nice new means it will ride nice in a year, because I have seen Tein failed that first hand, and my friend's JIC FLT-2 failed in the same car. Not trying to be antagonistic, just looking for some facts.

Agreed with the Tein and JIC. These are a new product. GPMoto has been around a couple years, but suspension is new to them. GPMoto is based in Portland, Oregon and is under the corporate umbrella with companies like Bushwacker, Trailmaster, and several other off-road truck shops.

RalliTEK Subaru is a larger shop, and we install lots of suspension bits. These appear to have 'the right stuff'. Only time will tell. I am willing to offer a deal to you if you are willing to take the plunge and try them out. I will ask GPMoto about warranty also.

GPMoto requests only retail pricing be advertised in the first release of their new product. You can contact us for better pricing. We will also be offering LegacyGT.com members additional discounts as well, very soon.

This suspension has not yet been 'officially released'. RalliTEK has the market exclusive right now. So there may not be many facts around yet. RalliTEK is not promising the world, just that we found suspension that we really like (so far).

Sean S.

RalliTEK Subaru

www.RalliTEK.com / www.rallitek.net

I've owned JIC's and Apex-i coilovers before...

Lol night and day better than the JIC's for ridequality. certainly better with sticky rubber for handling than mine, but that could have been the JDM valving in mine.

The apex-i I had on the STi were good, but expensive. The dampening range wasn't too impressive, and the GPMoto coilovers do ride a bit better. I'd still say they were damn good coilovers though, and its just the slightly better ride and extra range of dampening that make the GPMoto's better.

I've also had recent experience with H&R's on a STi. OMG. Too stiff when they need to be soft, too soft when they need to be stiff. I honestly have no idea how things got so wrong with them. going over railroad tracks with them is about like having a traffic colision. bad noises, your body flying all over the cabin, etc. My LGT with the coilovers is nearly bump free and still mostly tire slapping over bumps noise. About the same as the EVO I had before the LGT, which was on stock suspension.

I would say ride is similar to DMS, handling is better(IMHO). Price is no comparison, the DMS suspension is expensive! I might lean on DMS 50s for rally purposes.(well over $2000+ mark) I like the GPMoto better for street. Seems like GPMoto is not relying on overly soft spring rates, and extra heavy shock dampening like DMS. GPMoto should provide a more reliable, balanced package for street/track. I have limited DMS experience, we have only seen a few cars with DMS coils on them.

-Sean S.

RalliTEK Subaru

About the same as the EVO I had before the LGT, which was on stock suspension.

I guess ride quality is all in the mind of the user. I found the ride of my STI to be too stiff (stock and with pinks) for daily drives on stutter-bumped LA freeways (405 to be precise), and the EVO was two notches below this.

For a daily-driven car street car which never goes on the track like 99% of the users here, please outline to me why someone would want go the coilover route. I have a feeling that the stiff ride would be incongruous to the nature of a sedan/wagon like the Legacy unless you truly enjoy a choppiness on bad pavement.

I would want something like a BMW 3 series balance of ride and handling for my car, but I've yet to find an aftermarket product that can firm up the suspension without making the car too harsh.

I feel the same way. I was hesitant to install the GPMoto coilovers. (We have an exclusive on the BP springs from Whiteline.) However, We have some deadlines for magazine articles and the springs are not in yet......

BMW was the first thing I thought of when I drove our LGT sdn after the techs installed the GPMoto coilovers. We set the spring pre-load at minimum and the shocks are set at 4/3 (of 16). So, it only gets stiffer from here. I drove the car a couple nights later. After driving for an hour or two and getting tired, the ride was not as forgiving as OE, I could start to feel those freeway joints a bit, but I still was never jarred. (my head resting on the headrest driving on I-5 in Oregon) When I am awake and alert, the suspension is perfect for ride quality/handling. I am one of those that thought the car was great after just front/rear sway bars. I am not a kid anymore.

-Sean S.

RalliTEK Subaru

Sean, loosen them up to 1/1... Makes it alot more plush.

Redline, I drive on some really nasty roads every day, and IMO the "quality" of the ride is better than the stock STi. Where the STi "jars" the LGT thumps on the coilovers. Basicly the STi gives you a sharp hit, while the coilovers make a smoother movement over the bump. Honestly its barely any worse than stock with the things set on full soft. The swaybars made more of a ride difference IMO.

Also of note is that the EVO stock is very good at handling single bumps while in a hard corner, but multiple ones would throw it off. The LGT on 19's just floats over a triple set of ripples in one tight corner that you would have to back way off for in the stock EVO.

Archived