LegacyGT.com

Smoked headlight covers installed

OCDetails

JINSU-POWER only has one level I guess, and those are it. He said that his supplier doesn't stock the darker ones, so those must be the lightly smoked ones. And those pictures are with the low beams. I didn't take any with the highs.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 months later...
I strongly doubt that this stuff will bubble. Its pretty thick stuff. Anyway, I took most of it off and now I've only got the corners tinted. It looks much better that way and I don't have the light impairment problem. The smoked is too dark if you are going to drive at night.

OCDETAILS BLOG

the film clearguard use to product headlight kit are much thicker and very stretchable unlike many other companies' product. That's also why clearguard tend to be a little bit more expensive. We have sold over 100 set of headlight kits and none had any problems.

maybe I'll buy a set of fronts from u but what do u think I should do about getting another driverside headlight I mean the guy I talked to told me it happen before should he buy me a new driverside headlight.Would you if it happen to you and you admitted it me.

The film isn't responsible for the headlight getting melted. Our headlights don't burn hotter than any other car that runs H7 bulbs. I have HIDs in my car and the lens doesn't get warm enough to melt snow. Something else is to blame other than the film covering your headlights. This stuff isn't new. Its been around for years and years. Xpel has been producing headlight protection film for at least the last 5 years that I have even known about it. Something else happened. Either way... the disclaimer on the site that says its not for night time driving would clear them from liability if they were responsible in some way for an accident or damage. The smoked film is for show purposes and not a good idea if you are going to be driving at night.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I suspect from Jim's ambiguous post that his installer used a heat gun to apply the coating. This probably ruined the lense. Sounds like the installer should be buying Jim a whole new headlight.....hope it was a resputable shop that has insurance and/or will stand by their work. The dealer won't warranty something like that if the lense was not defective.

Archived