LegacyGT.com

dealer ordered new driver side mirror

otoc

I have to say, this one wasn't hard. I didn't even have to whimper or whine.

I brought my car in for the first oil change and a short list of complaints.

No help on the remotes that go off in my pocket or the damaged wheel (no really, not me), but,

I said the driver side mirror was distorted and had a whistle and a new one is on order.

They also said there is a reprogram for the auto tranny. Anyone hear of that one?

The service guy must have been messed up when he mentioned the tranny update. I have a legacy 2.5gt w/5EAT and from what I can see, the update was for the 3.0.

I didn't think I missed something here.

I don't know about lucky. They spent a good 45 minutes trying to figure out an add on chip I needed set up for an auto start. Never got charged for it when they couldn't program it into the immobilizer system.

Could be I found a decent dealer.

Though a driver side mirror is a safety feature. If it's distorted they can held libel for accidents.

Looking at some of the other threads about the double vision problems with the mirror (which to me is just a product of distortion), I'd recommend the complaint to be "my mirror is distorted" and not "I see double vision".

what "auto start" are you talking about? remote starter? :)

IMO, a wiper that doesn't work properly in the snow is easier to cause accident than a distorted side mirror (i always turn my head before i change lane - i just cannot trust any side mirror).

This Space For Rent

You'll have to let us know if that new one looks any better. If it is still warped then we'll know it can't be fixed. I'm prepared to deal with replacing it with a non heated one to get rid of the distortion.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

what "auto start" are you talking about? remote starter? :)

IMO, a wiper that doesn't work properly in the snow is easier to cause accident than a distorted side mirror (i always turn my head before i change lane - i just cannot trust any side mirror).

lol, yeah, remote start. But it has a setting to start the car if the battery goes below 11 volts, so in a way it's an auto start. But my bad.

I'm surprised your dealer fought you on the wiper blade as it's such a low ticket item. I agree it is safety related, but the dealer has the say over wear items. It's hard to argue wear on a mirror though ;)

You'll have to let us know if that new one looks any better. If it is still warped then we'll know it can't be fixed. I'm prepared to deal with replacing it with a non heated one to get rid of the distortion.

Will do, should be in by the end of this week.

dhetzell, thanks for linking to that thread. There are other related threads, too. Glad you tied things together.

I just got back from the dealer with my replacement mirror.

The new mirror is an improvement from the old one. It's not perfect, the wavy distortion being only on the top of the mirror, which is an improvement over the whole mirror surface having a wavy distortion as it was before. I can live with it for the middle and the bottom are pretty free from the distortion.

And the best thing is that the whistle or wind noise is totally gone. Now I can drive with the window down without getting a headache. That fix was worth the dealer visit by itself.

• 3 months later...

So they replaced the hole thing not just the glass huh?

I just broke the glass on my passengers side mirror and was hopeing I could just replace that. Has anyone else had to replace the passengers side mirror, how much was it?

Archived