LegacyGT.com

Atlanta spotted thread

Jerboa113

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I85 north, just north of Spaghetti Junction, at around 7:15 this evening. Spotted a dark-colored third-gen Legacy wagon in the left lane. I didn't get a good look, and my lane was slower than yours so I couldn't catch up. It might have been DerekNitro....are you in this thread?

that would be me, really long day and didn't get off work until almost 7pm :(

my car is really dirty from going up to NC this past weekend, that is why it didn't look black :p

edit: you can tell it is my car if you look at the back window

on the left I have a black with yellow lettering/picture for the Ocoee river decal (it was from the rafting company), then on the right side I have a 101st airborne patch decal that is white and right above it (just added this morning) there is one of those Euro stickers that has the letters TW (The Wilds Christian Camp), more to come as I keep going on road trips with that car :D . I need to get one for my trip to Helen, went on a ton of trails and that car continues to blow my mind at how awesome AWD is!!!

heh, this morning bout 7:15 on paces mill road I spotted a brown/red early 90s legacy coming out of condos.

car had an sti like wing, a GIANT subaru logo on the back and exhaust that sounded better than I expected.

taht wouldn't be anyone here would it? (dont think so..)

I let you out! so you'd better say something if it was you! :lol: (I was in a truck tho.)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I85 north, just north of Spaghetti Junction, at around 7:15 this evening. Spotted a dark-colored third-gen Legacy wagon in the left lane. I didn't get a good look, and my lane was slower than yours so I couldn't catch up. It might have been DerekNitro....are you in this thread?

here is the back of my car:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/simba_2004/Subaru/2000%20Legacy%20GT/CIMG0057.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/simba_2004/Subaru/2000%20Legacy%20GT/CIMG0055.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/simba_2004/Subaru/2000%20Legacy%20GT/CIMG0056.jpg

another easy way to tell it is me, I never turn my lights off whether it is day or night :p . My headlights have HIDs with a slight blueish tint to them and they are bright :eek:

edit: Also my new custom tag came in so next week my tag will be CRIK3Y :D, I tried for CRIKEY but someone already had it :(

• 4 weeks later...

Thought we might have been spotted in Atlanta during our recent cross-country trip - you would have see us coming into and going out of Atlanta with the "Egg" trailer on behind.

But, we came through Georgia during TS Ida the evening of 11/10 - the storm started as soon as we left Memphis and got really serious about the time we hit Alabama. Carnage everywhere and nowhere to pull off so we just pressed on.

Suffered a WG casualty on the stock VF40 on the way in through the storm, (bushing for the WG actuator arm - where it goes into the turbo - came loose) so we were just losing more and more boost as the bushing worked itself loose to the point that the WG was only 1/2 way across the WG orifice.

Fortunately, I had brought a spare VF-46 with me just in case, so I called up Scott Siegel at Forged Performance in Marietta (Formerly of Top Speed Tuning in Alpharetta) to see if they could do a turbo swap the next day and they did - really great job, including a few dyno pulls to make sure the A/F were good - can't say enough good about this shop.

As it turned-out, we could delay another day in Atlanta so I went back the next day and Scott dyno and road-tuned the SubenWagen and all I can say is the car and I have never been happier.

Anyway - said all that to say that I was in Georgia with our SWP LGT Wagon from the afternoon/evening of 11/10 until late afternoon of 11/12 when we left for SoCar - all day 11/11 and most of 11/12 without the trailer, the rest of the time with the trailer. Thought maybe we were spotted...

P2110476.thumb.jpg.ce9cffd01d73a3d03ffcec4c18f55d75.jpg

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'm pretty sure I woulda seen that thing.

:lol: you carry a spare turbo jut in case?

forged performance eh? Marietta is MUCH closer to me than alpharetta.. they do all the same kindsa stuffs as TS?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

DOUBLE POST

spotted a garnet red 05-07 LGT on towne lake parkway in woodstock at 11AM Friday December 4th 2009 around the buckhead crossing area.

I was 2 cars behind you. You turned into an apartment complex. I was headed for 575.

I'm pretty sure I woulda seen that thing.

:lol: you carry a spare turbo jut in case?

forged performance eh? Marietta is MUCH closer to me than alpharetta.. they do all the same kindsa stuffs as TS?

FP has Scott Siegel (the Subaru/EVO/Infinity - FI car tuner) from TS. TS might very well be OOB or struggling to regain traction enough to remain as a going concern. Scott has tuned well over a 1000 Subarus from your garden variety Stg1 to mega-fire-breathing monsters and probably as many more on the other vehicles, so he knows what he's doing and how to do it.

Anyway - sorry for continuing OT - now back to regularly scheduled programming...

does that shop do engine swaps?

Yeah they do just about everything. The shop is amazing, they were doing all kinds of engine work when I was there... Subarus, Infinity Gs, Nissans (including GT-Rs). They do race preps as well so they're pretty much a serious full-service shop. When and If I do a full STI swap/build on my BD, I'll likely take it to FP and have them do it.

I am not going to turn this into a tuner battle but Doug at topspeed has tuned many more cars than Siegel has. Don't forget there is Dan at Battleground and Mike from Saergant Performance.

From my personal experience, Doug seems to make more power with his tunes. Scott seems to be more conservative and anal with his tunes. Doug was always cheaper and faster.

perhaps start an atlanta performance shops thread?

I'd love to just have a list of options that are available to me here in this city... and reviews/testimony from you all who can actually spend the money that I want to spend would be great too. :lol:

^ My vote (and experience) is with Forged Performance, on Cobb Pkwy in Marietta. Would have this crew work on any Subaru I own, and I'm uber picky about who does what to my Subes.

• 2 weeks later...
If we are talking shops here, dont forget Brandon at AllPro Subaru in Alpharetta. He is a Subaru Mastertech from Classic Subaru and left to start up Allpro.

thanks for that reference, I called the guy and they seem to know what they are doing, I told him that you gave me the reference so he said he was going to give you a free oil change :p

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have him do the work on my car, for the price he quoted (kicks the stealership's butt) he was going to do the headgaskets, water pump, valve cover gasket, and timing belt :spin::)

• 3 weeks later...
Thx for the reference to AllPro in Alpharetta. I hate the morons at Classic. May give them a try for some minor maintenance I need done including the rough idle/code throwing now that it's cold. Oh, and if you see me out there, say hi.

outside2_sm.thumb.jpg.afe1cdea18f6d762da6f27e020073da4.jpg

• 3 years later...

Beautiful wagon! I like the wheels a lot.

I saw a silver GT sedan with I believe purple/blue lug nuts on Sunday night outside Studio Movie Grill. Are you on the forums? Good looking car, especially the rear spoiler. I was there in my RBP GT sedan with a roof bike rack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived