LegacyGT.com

Is it fixable...carnage!!!

Ok so I know the car is a total loss...but I have to say that I am rather impressed with the safety of this car, I was driving home from work yesterday and came acrost some gravel in the road that someone had kicked out from the shoulder on a blind 50mph corner. The backend hit it and around I went, ending up in a ditch sliding sideways. Caught something with the driverside wheels and rolled it 1 time, landing on a concrete block. Here are a few pics from the lot that the tow company dropped it at. On a side note the tow driver, an insurance adjuster and the owner of the yard were very impressed that I walked away from the car with just a little bit of stiffness.http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z253/Pdizzlepics/DSC01385.jpghttp://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z253/Pdizzlepics/DSC01381.jpghttp://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z253/Pdizzlepics/DSC01388.jpghttp://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z253/Pdizzlepics/DSC01384.jpg

Heres a link to the album, there are more pictures, but these were the good ones. Pictures by Pdizzlepics - Photobucket

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, glad you are ok.

Second, I can't freaking believe that rolled onto concrete at around 50 mph. The integrity of the passenger cell looks barely impinged.

Third, I love the picture of the wheel with all the grass stuck into it's edge. I feel like that picture should be subtitled "At Subaru, we take being green seriously."

Without being able to assess the damage to the mechanicals, my guess is that it's fixable (since it's an 08) but is going to require maybe 10-14k worth of work. If there's more that I can't see, it's gonna be dicey whether it's a total loss. That roof is seriously costly to replace due to the labor involved. (Roof = not a bolt on part)

What tires are those on the car? They don't look re92s

I talked to an adjuster from farmers who was looking at another car and he said he wouldn't even bother looking at the thing and just write it off...I was in dirt when I rolled it, there was a log that was almost all the way burried in the dirt when I was looking at the marks that the tires left...maybe one of the wheels caught it. I have a pic of the concrete block that I landed on (on my gf's camera), which was sitting about where the tranny support is. When I got out of the car I was about 3 feet off the ground, and the tow driver had to drag the car over the block to get it out.

As for as parts I'll see what they want to charge as a buy back, the motor was still running so parting parts of the car out may be an idea...I'll have to see what kind of interest there is in the community first. If I don't stay with subies (It would be nice to not have the payment for the car) I'll have a v2 access port for sale soon tho.

I'd say that car is gone.. severe damage to pretty much every structure..

can I have your navi? I'll give you $10. :D

I mean.. the only things salvagable are the doors.. which are amazingly unscathed.

every other major panel is damaged. Is it REPAIRABLE? maybe.. but when you can buy a used one for $19k.. is it financially sound? no.. the amount of time and labor to rebuild that car greatly outweighs its value.. and whats more.. even if they do "repair" it.. it will never be the same exactly.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Without being able to assess the damage to the mechanicals, my guess is that it's fixable (since it's an 08) but is going to require maybe 10-14k worth of work.

No way, the entire unibody structure is severely deformed! That's not even remotely fixable!

Glad you're okay, though! Cars can be replaced...

The wheels are good, but like I said I don't know if I'm going to buy the thing back to part out...we'll see what insurance has to say about the whole thing and what buy back is. They are going to have an agent go to look at the car today or tomorrow.

Archived