LegacyGT.com

FAQ: Subaru Legacy 2.5i

yeah i have their Front 22m and rear 19mm Sway kit, as a testimonial, its one of the best things you can get for your handling on the 2.5i, match it up with a good set of springs and you will have perfect handling.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you Gire, 2.5i owners will now have a central source for some info and hopefully not have to bother GT owners as much

haha, i just started yesterday but i definitely had a couple days to kill before that.

NIce thread and I am included kinda :lol: We def dont want to bother the high and mighty LGT owners with questions about these specific topics. very good collection of useful knowledge

Some nice info in here. Great work/job!
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

np, glad it's been useful

i'm a little confused about the clutch situation now, my previous understanding was that the 5MT transmissions between the LGT and the 2.5i were not compatible because one was a push type design and the other was a pull (i don't remember which is which at the moment) but now apparenlty tha'ts not true and both are the pull type trannies (according whitetiger inanother thread ?) and that LGT clutches can be fitted onto the 2.5i 5MT ??? (seanrose is about to do a turbo swap and fit his 5MT with a LGT clutch) blackfang do you know if that's possible at all or if you'd have more info on that?

both legacies are push style. the only pull style are the 02-05 WRX, and 04-07 STi. not sure about 08+ STI. supposedly an 06-07 WRX clutch setup will fit with some modification. like throwout bearing/clutch fork. don't remember the details exactly.

np, glad it's been useful

i'm a little confused about the clutch situation now, my previous understanding was that the 5MT transmissions between the LGT and the 2.5i were not compatible because one was a push type design and the other was a pull (i don't remember which is which at the moment) but now apparenlty tha'ts not true and both are the pull type trannies (according whitetiger inanother thread ?) and that LGT clutches can be fitted onto the 2.5i 5MT ??? (seanrose is about to do a turbo swap and fit his 5MT with a LGT clutch) blackfang do you know if that's possible at all or if you'd have more info on that?

I can try and find out for you. IIRC, they can be swapped.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys. im interested in getting a front strut bar. i have an 09 2.5i s.e. my question is will a strut bar for an 05 to 08 fit on the 09 and does a gt and spec b differ from the 2.5i in regards to length between the towers?

^ the strut tower bar should be universal between 05-09 and the 2.5i and LGT use the same exterior shell so the dimensions between the two strut towers should be the same

edit: a strut tower bar wouldn't really give you too many gains if this is the first suspension mod to your car, most suggest going with a rear sway bar first, then the struts/springs then maybe the tower bar if you really want but it's more bling than anything

Edited by katalyst

hey guys. im interested in getting a front strut bar. i have an 09 2.5i s.e. my question is will a strut bar for an 05 to 08 fit on the 09 and does a gt and spec b differ from the 2.5i in regards to length between the towers?

used Cusco strut bar for sale in the classifieds now:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117684

Pretty much anything suspension wise is universal between the 2.5i and LGT with the exception of the front swaybar. I spoke to import image about their coilovers for the LGT and they work for the 2.5i as well. As do all struts and springs.