LegacyGT.com

What options and packages will be available?

Nobody knows yet that we won't get the JDM GT suspension. It's only the Bilstein package that would be too hardcore for the crappy U.S. roads. My wagon would have hardly anything. It's fine stock, based on the assumption that we'll be getting the sporty GT handling package. I would want the perforated leather, w/o the moon roof. Kevin

I can't imagine there being an LCD for non "navigation" equipped cars. It would be an unnecessary expense. I personally don't see much need in navigation, and I'm not so sure that the descriptions of OnStar are that appealing. I do fine with maps. I don't need a dvd player there either cause my need to be on the road. Maybe I've just been away from the US while this trend has grown to where it's like some kind of requirement. One wonders: How did we ever survive before navigation?

[quote name='PPower']One wonders: How did we ever survive before navigation?[/quote] I got lost a lot. :( But being a guy I wouldn't stop and ask for directions! :lol: Really! I love my Garmin GPS V and don't go anywhere without it, unless I've been there enough times to already memorize the route. Whether it is across town or a 3500 mile round trip (like last summer), that GPS is my companion.

[quote name='"PPower"']I can't imagine there being an LCD for non "navigation" equipped cars. It would be an unnecessary expense. [\quote] The GT does have a small LCD display for trip computer functions, located under where the navigation screen is on the Jap spec cars. I made a post somewhere yesterday describing the functions.

Sorry, the trip computer would be a liquid crystal display like that of the stereo. I believe that what Dr. Zevil and somebody are assuming is that it is about a 6-7" screen like the navigation but only serves as the trip computer. That is why Zevil mentioned the cost issue for it.

[img]http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=392559[/img] This is more of what I meant. If you look at the LCD screen in the middle console you can see what looks like 3 "gauges". I wonder what those are? That would be sweet to have a digital readout guage pack! :shock:

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']This is more of what I meant. If you look at the LCD screen in the middle console you can see what looks like 3 "gauges". I wonder what those are? That would be sweet to have a digital readout guage pack! :shock:[/quote] I would definately get the LCD gauge pack if it were an option in the US. Here's another shot of it: [img]http://www.sportandtouringcar.com/images/Preview/04%20Legacy/legacy_4.jpg[/img] td

It may actually be worth a $700 charge to get the screen and cool gauges if you like them that much. I was just thinking that the STi gauge cluster cost something like $800. I think that conventional gauges would probably be much easier to read than those dark blue on light blue background. There's not that much contrast. Even if you have OnStar, you can just pass on the monthly services. That's assuming that OnStar is an available option and not reserved for the top Outbacks like it is currently.

Screw OnStar, give me a good ol paper map and a GPS. Those gauges may look different in person, but we'd just have to wait and see. Lets hope they have the option packs and pricing available by Chicago. After all, production will be started some month or so after, so not much time to change things after.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'][quote name='gtmy04'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']So if the leather and the moonroof aren't available individually, do you think that I can still get the leather/moonroof and 5MT. I don't want to be forced into every option. But for me the moonroof is a must, but i might not want the 5AT[/quote] Not a consideration with the Australian model at the moment - we can only get 5AT. I've read, and been told by my dealer, that a 6 speed manual will be available around September, so you guys might get it on release. Based on current practices here they would offer GT and GT Premium both with the choice of auto or manual.[/quote] If I don't get a moonroof on this car I am going to freakout! But the thing is that I don't want to be talked into more options simply because I want a moonroof. I was building a BMW last night on thier website and I was so amazed at how many options they offer. Not only the number of options but the amount of individual options that were available. It was pretty sweet. I don't understand why all manufactureres don't do that..[/quote] -it tkaes more inventory in order to keep a vehcle with many options mackages. It costs them money. They go through a thorough cost analysis to determine how to package them for best choice/cost/inventory reasons. That's one of the reasons that BMW is more a la carte. They have a higer profit margin, and the clientele is more willing to wait.

Archived