LegacyGT.com

What options and packages will be available?

First off, kudos Tide for setting up this forum for us to be Legacy geeks on. My question is to create insight into what options and packages will be available for both the GT and GT-Limited. Personally the things that I am looking at are a moonroof and perhaps leather. Now the question that I pose is, will these options be available individually or will I have to get them in a package. Like the Forester XT, will the options such as leather only be available with an autobox? Will I be able to get a moonroof with cloth seats and a five speed? From previous Subaru models I think that we may be out of luck when it comes to putting together the perfect package. So I wanted to hear from some others what they think. I am will not buy this car without a moonroof. It's just something that I wanted forever and have never had in any of my previous cars. So what's popular opinion?

I think the moonroof and leather seating may be a part of the options list after several production cycles pass (maybe fall of 04) for the "i" and "GT" models...they are included with the "GT Limited" (from the brochure I just received in the mail).

You will probably have to get the Limited to get a moonroof. That is very common for car companies to do that as it makes you buy more options. I would typically prefer leather without a weighty moonroof, but that is a less common availability among car options. maybe it's because I was raised to appreciate leather, but I find it to be easier to keep clean, and it doesn't absorb smells like cloth does. Dirty leather is much easier to clean than dirty cloth. The only problem is that you have to maintain it with conditioner. No problem.

In Australia the Premium pack adds leather, sunroof, curtain airbags, electric driver's seat and the McIntosh sound system for $5000 local money (about $3800 US) - so it's pretty good value. I got the standard GT because I'm not a big fan of leather in our heat AND I could get a car straight away without going on a 3 month waiting list.

So if the leather and the moonroof aren't available individually, do you think that I can still get the leather/moonroof and 5MT. I don't want to be forced into every option. But for me the moonroof is a must, but i might not want the 5AT

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']So if the leather and the moonroof aren't available individually, do you think that I can still get the leather/moonroof and 5MT. I don't want to be forced into every option. But for me the moonroof is a must, but i might not want the 5AT[/quote] Not a consideration with the Australian model at the moment - we can only get 5AT. I've read, and been told by my dealer, that a 6 speed manual will be available around September, so you guys might get it on release. Based on current practices here they would offer GT and GT Premium both with the choice of auto or manual.

When I look at the Subaru website at the current GT sedan specs. They have the moonroof, leather, with a 5MT standard for like $25,500. If they can keep this next years pricing competitive with last years then we are in for a real treat. I just want a moonroof and a 5MT is that too much to ask, oh, and I don't want to pay a lot for it either :lol:

Shouldn't be a problem given the info we already have. That would just be the GT Ltd with a manual. You'll just have to deal with electric seats. my guess is that the only way to get McIntosh stereo will be on a Ltd.

[quote name='gtmy04'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']So if the leather and the moonroof aren't available individually, do you think that I can still get the leather/moonroof and 5MT. I don't want to be forced into every option. But for me the moonroof is a must, but i might not want the 5AT[/quote] Not a consideration with the Australian model at the moment - we can only get 5AT. I've read, and been told by my dealer, that a 6 speed manual will be available around September, so you guys might get it on release. Based on current practices here they would offer GT and GT Premium both with the choice of auto or manual.[/quote] If I don't get a moonroof on this car I am going to freakout! But the thing is that I don't want to be talked into more options simply because I want a moonroof. I was building a BMW last night on thier website and I was so amazed at how many options they offer. Not only the number of options but the amount of individual options that were available. It was pretty sweet. I don't understand why all manufactureres don't do that..

[quote name='PPower']Shouldn't be a problem given the info we already have. That would just be the GT Ltd with a manual. You'll just have to deal with electric seats. my guess is that the only way to get McIntosh stereo will be on a Ltd.[/quote] You made me feel better... now how much do you think that's gonna cost? :lol:

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']When I look at the Subaru website at the current GT sedan specs. They have the moonroof, leather, with a 5MT standard for like $25,500. If they can keep this next years pricing competitive with last years then we are in for a real treat. I just want a moonroof and a 5MT is that too much to ask, oh, and I don't want to pay a lot for it either :lol:[/quote] I really wouldn't be surprised to see the GT at about $25,500 (about $5000 more than a curren L sedan) and then another $1500-$2000 for the moonroof, leather, and power seats. Going from the Forester XT to XT Ltd is $2500, but an automatic is also included. Could you imagine a GT Ltd for $27,000??? That would be great. I won't get my hopes up, but it IS a possibility. Edit: maybe we need a pricing thread. SUBE, where you at, boy!?

I think we might need a price thread. I tell you right now that if I can get all that stuff minus the 5AT that I would be all over it. I would expect current pricing to be about what we will see in the new 05 model. I just don't think that Subaru is ready to restructure it's model line by changing all the prices. GT limited 5MT might as well have some "Zevil" plates made for that biatch! 8) :twisted:

Does anyone have scans yet? [quote name='AMT4SWA']I think the moonroof and leather seating may be a part of the options list after several production cycles pass (maybe fall of 04) for the "i" and "GT" models...they are included with the "GT Limited" (from the brochure I just received in the mail).[/quote]

C'mon... SPECULATE! :lol: I just think that when a company get's your money for something sustantial like a car, you should be able to pick any SINGLE option that they have available on ANY trim package. I know that would be too good to be true so I am realistic about it. Not offering a moonroof without leather sure is a stupid concept. But i guess I will just have to settle for leather then.:P

Okay: STi Springs, a better STi Short-Throw Shift Kit, Mac Stereo (or delete option for a higher-quality aftermarket unit), a GOOD set of A/S Tires like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S tires that would really accentuate the cars good characteristics and make it a much better All-Season performer, also making the 18x7" Spec-B wheels available and the Spec-B styled (I could care if it was USDM dimensions) lower body spoiler kit and bumper covers would be another plus. Too bad we can't choose our final drive ratios too, because I'd probably opt for a 3.900 FDR. All on a base 2.5GT sedan in black with the 5MT. Oh, how about a couple of these seats: [img]http://www.japanparts.com/Pic/pic003/027-015.jpg[/img]

Well good thing you aren't asking for too much :lol: I agree with the spec-B wheels. There most certainly be an 18" option right? I would also like the STi multispoke wheels like the ones in the picture at the top of the page! Heads up display would be nice!

In the M3, there got to be enough demand for the EDM 19" wheels that it became an option the following year I believe. I actually like the shape of the 17's better. A performance package would be nice with: -more snug fitting seats or at least adjustable side bolsters -18" wheels w/ summer tires or at least Nero M+S -suspension like the JDM GT (not the extreme Bilsteins) -different bumper!! :evil: :lol: -STi gauge cluster in the center navigation slot.

[quote name='Skylabâ„¢']I'll take a fully loaded GT wagon. If that's the limited, so be it. Test drives would have to include the 5AT and 5MT. I test drove the Infinity G35 with the 5AT, and in manual mode, it was really thrilling thru the twisties.[/quote] Really? I absolutely HATED the G35's manual mode. Getting into a 6MT G35 makes an unbelievable difference. It completely changes the car. I'm not expecting there to be quite as great a difference, so I'll have to check out the AT as well.

Archived