LegacyGT.com

HELP!!!!!!! Megan Racing flex UP

Dominyc123

Hello Gentlemen,

I was really excited about tomorrow morning when I was planning on installing the gutted DP and UP. I went to a well known WRX shop in Chicago area to get gaskets and my day was ruined.

Tech saw my pipe, he asked if it's from e-bay i confirmed that it is, and I was advised that I am should expect a flex part to fail within 6 months and I should be saving for a new turbo in that case :).

He indicated that the pipe is missing some sort of flex reinforcement from inside.

Does anyone know what he is talking about and if any of you heard any uppipe horror stories.

I appreciate the help. Please I need to find out by tomorrow morning :)

My MR uppipe started failing a year into ownership. Luckily it didn't come apart and send metal into the turbo, but the flex joint developed a 1/4" x 1/4" hole in it and then when I looked inside, all the flex metal was frayed and looked like it was about to fail. Stay away from MR junk.

Just installed everything, since i didn't receive any negative posts about Megan Racing. Installation took 10 hours :) PITA, bolts were too long and the lower flange leaked. DP gutting took 30 minutes. To solve the problem with the leak I ended up putting two gaskets (oem and the one that came with the pipe) no leaks so far. Resistor mod and DP oxygen mod worked no CEL so far.

I felt a huge difference.

Just installed everything, since i didn't receive any negative posts about Megan Racing. Installation took 10 hours :) PITA, bolts were too long and the lower flange leaked. DP gutting took 30 minutes. To solve the problem with the leak I ended up putting two gaskets (oem and the one that came with the pipe) no leaks so far. Resistor mod and DP oxygen mod worked no CEL so far.

I felt a huge difference.

That is destined for failure i am sorry to say.

I have had nothing but bad luck with megan up pipes. The lower flange leaked on TWO different megan ups. The Gaskets that come with them even boost junkie(which was/is the resident megan racing vendor) himself says don't use it. Nuff said.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I personally won't trust anything off ebay, but a buddy of mine ran the ebay special megan flex UP for 1.5 years at 17 psi and then 6 months at 19 psi and never had a leak. We recently yanked it off when I helped him put a one piece header/up pipe replacement on and it still looked to be in decent shape.

Archived