LegacyGT.com

XM Receiver Whine?

flyingtim01

Hey guys!

I've actually got two questions. I have a 2009 Legacy with manual HVAC controls and the HK stereo. The first question is:

I have an XM receiver that I previously had installed in my truck and I was using the FM transmitter with basically no volume/interference issues. With the new Legacy however, I thought that I would utilize the receiver's audio out function and plug it directly into the aux in. When I do that, there is a very audible and annoying high pitched whine that increases with the volume. Is this some sort of interference that can be filtered out? Anyone else experienced this?

My second question has to do with the volume itself. Initially I was pretty excited to be getting a very reasonable priced car with a high end sound system in it, though the more time I spend listening to it, the more I'm convinced that its just a stock system with HK badging. That being said, its not loud enough for me. Maybe its just me, but I find that when I'm driving at 75 mph with the windows down, the wind noise hopelessly drowns out the stereo. Is there a way to get the stock equipment to go any louder, or will I have to look aftermarket? Thanks for your help guys!

I have an XM receiver that I previously had installed in my truck and I was using the FM transmitter with basically no volume/interference issues. With the new Legacy however, I thought that I would utilize the receiver's audio out function and plug it directly into the aux in. When I do that, there is a very audible and annoying high pitched whine that increases with the volume. Is this some sort of interference that can be filtered out? Anyone else experienced this?

This happens to me some times when I use my iPod, and charge it at the same time. Check to make sure the cables are in all the way sometimes they can come a bit loose and cause the whine. I do know that sometimes it still wont go away hopefully someone has a solution to this answer.

Archived