LegacyGT.com

Wobble at 100km

Hi,

Ive now got a wobble in the steering when i hit around 100km/h. Everythings fine around 80-90km/h but at 100 its pretty bad. Would this be a wheel alignment issue?

Any help would be awesome

Thanks

Does it come in only at 100km/h and above, and gets worse the faster u go?

I has the same problem for a long time and keep thinking it is wheel balancing, uneven worn tyres or alignment.... I did everything but the problem was only marginally rectified.

In the end it got so bad that even at 70km/h it starts to wobble and I finally sent the car to the mechanic and the problem is - worn off drive shaft, apparently one of the "teeth" broke, causing the wobble at high speed. Get it check.

Does it come in only at 100km/h and above, and gets worse the faster u go?

I has the same problem for a long time and keep thinking it is wheel balancing, uneven worn tyres or alignment.... I did everything but the problem was only marginally rectified.

In the end it got so bad that even at 70km/h it starts to wobble and I finally sent the car to the mechanic and the problem is - worn off drive shaft, apparently one of the "teeth" broke, causing the wobble at high speed. Get it check.

^+1....hopefully it won't be as bad as that - could be a simple as a loose lug or wheel that needs balancing. It could also very likely be a bent wheel - does it seem to be coming from a particular corner/side?

It gets better beyond and below 100km/h, and no it doesnt seem to be coming from any particular place just generally through the steering wheel and it an be felt through the entire car.

I looked over the car but couldnt see anything out of the ordinary. just wondered about the wheel alignment because it did go a little off road before this happened. If you drive along at 80 you wouldnt even know there was a problem...

Thank you for your help so far

Another simple thing to check - do a rebalancing of the tires. Sometimes a weight comes off and that can result in problems like that. Especially if you do offroading you may have bumped into something that pried a weight off.
453747.png

ah, i was looking today and noticed some huge clumps of dry mud behind the rotors. (Got stuck in a huge pile of mud yesterday) Washed them cleanish and the problem has virtually disappeared. I think the weights have gone so I will take the car in to be ballanced and aligned and hopefully the problem should be totally fixed.

Thanks for your help

Archived