LegacyGT.com

225/45-17 tires on 05 LGTLTD stock rims?

Val Demar

Finally got the Pilots installed. So far so good, they seem to absorb bumps better than the RE92's. I actually think that RE92's are fairly decent tires for moderately spirited driving, and I like their look a bit better than the Pilots, from the side at least. If not their price I'd probably get another set, but who in sane mind would pay 240+ for this tire when there are better cheaper options? I don't get it why they are so expensive.

This is the same story I got from BJs. Well they will not get my business.

Krzys

The BJs we shop at only has 1 tire that would fit the Legacy, and it was well over $200.

BFGoodrich Traction T/A for our Impreza are ~$115 installed, but they are only H rated.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Finally got the Pilots installed. So far so good, they seem to absorb bumps better than the RE92's. I actually think that RE92's are fairly decent tires for moderately spirited driving, and I like their look a bit better than the Pilots, from the side at least. If not their price I'd probably get another set, but who in sane mind would pay 240+ for this tire when there are better cheaper options? I don't get it why they are so expensive.

Just pick up a used set of RE92's from a member. Everyone is getting rid of them. I was able to get a set for $250 with about 10K on them. Good deal I think....

Just pick up a used set of RE92's from a member. Everyone is getting rid of them. I was able to get a set for $250 with about 10K on them. Good deal I think....

Yup, they probably still have 80% of life left in them, and you paid roughly 25% of their cost. I should have done the same to save myself some $$$, on the other hand I'm starting to like my Pilots, so no complaints here :)

Archived