LegacyGT.com

Finally, Some GOOD news!!!

My power locks never worked ever since I bought the car. You lock the drivers door and normally all 4 doors will lock and unlock. the drivers door would lock all the other doors intermittently, then when you try to unlock the drivers door none of the doors unlock.... Not even the drivers door! If I unlocked the drivers door via the lock, then got out and closed the door I'd have to get inside the car via the passenger door and pull the drivers door handle to get in the drivers seat. The key wouldn't unlock the drivers door, but it would unlock the passenger door just fine...

I noticed by accident today when I pressed the lock button getting out of the car, that when I hit the unlock button all 4 doors unlocked without incident. Tried it a couple more times and it seems I get about an 85% sucess rate out of the switch that used to be completely broken. I could've probably fixed it earlier but I never bothered as I try not to leave anything of value in the car anyways (So nobody will steal my stuff).

So yeah... I'm happy. :)

I would say stop by a salvage yard where you are able to walk around. tell them you are looking for one part and just so happen to stumble across the switch panel. Ask them how much and make it a day. The one in my old 91 broke and I picked it up for about $30

you drivers door won't even unlock??

I could have sworn that the drivers door also unlocked via a manual link as well as sending the signal to the other doors... I could be wrong but get the door panel off and take a look at all the connection arms and see if they're all connected right.

I mean you're saying that the drivers door won't unlock when you turn the key...right?

Archived