LegacyGT.com

2009 OBXT in SWP

AWDFan

It's here!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_orCH5X4SZBU/SgzEjA9kgBI/AAAAAAAAAH4/Psc-Fe0gg_0/s640/OBXT_front_800.jpghttp://lh4.ggpht.com/_orCH5X4SZBU/SgzEjakSIFI/AAAAAAAAAH8/hDd2XMuXeoM/s640/OBXT_front_angle_800.jpghttp://lh6.ggpht.com/_orCH5X4SZBU/SgzEjZqQsAI/AAAAAAAAAIA/HsHUAm_HMUo/s640/OBXT_pass_side_800.jpghttp://lh4.ggpht.com/_orCH5X4SZBU/SgzEjbFOQ6I/AAAAAAAAAIE/GyRuI_dP7n4/s640/OBXT_rear_800.jpg

Thing would look great if it was dumped.

Dumped? Do you mean lowered?

If so, I agree, it would look even better lowered about 1-1.5 inches. Of course, then it would be more like a Legacy GT, which is what I really wanted. Too bad Subaru doesn't make those any more (in wagon form).

nice good thing you didnt get a 2010 model

Well, there's no 2010 Outback XT. And the Legacy wagon is probably gone forever.

To be honest, I would be satisfied with the 2.5i (N/A) engine if I could get all the other features I wanted (limited trim, all weather package features, and manual transmission). For 2009 models, only the XT offered all that.

I think you can actually get all those with a loaded N/A model for 2010, but I don't care so much for the styling and larger size (I'm not a big guy). With a price of about 27k, it was a no brainer.

Dumped? Do you mean lowered?

If so, I agree, it would look even better lowered about 1-1.5 inches. Of course, then it would be more like a Legacy GT, which is what I really wanted. Too bad Subaru doesn't make those any more (in wagon form).

Yes, dumped is another way of saying lowered. Generally speaking, dumped is being pretty damn low to the ground.

Yes, dumped is another way of saying lowered. Generally speaking, dumped is being pretty damn low to the ground.

Ok, that's what I thought. I know some people use the term "slammed" as well. Lowered would definitely look better.

I've spent all my car money for a good while, but some day I hope to spend some money on a good suspension mod option to lower it. The Megan Racing coilovers give a nice looking lowered ride, but I'm concerned about the reported camber issues.

• 4 weeks later...
awesome car, but i think looks so good like that, stock, its an AWD all terrain, off road, actually it would look better lowered , but no so usefull as it is, if you wanna lower a car there u have the wrx, sti or legacy, anyways, thats a nice car

• 1 month later...
awesome car, but i think looks so good like that, stock, its an AWD all terrain, off road, actually it would look better lowered , but no so usefull as it is, if you wanna lower a car there u have the wrx, sti or legacy, anyways, thats a nice car

Exactly - defeats the purpose of the design. It performs great off road...and you don't need a jack to change the oil. I like the height as is

so what you're saying is.. it'd look good if it were a legacy wagon instead of an outback. :lol:

:wub: SWP

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

so what you're saying is.. it'd look good if it were a legacy wagon instead of an outback. :lol:

:wub: SWP

I was having that same conflict with my 05, I wanted to lower it because I was an Impreza owner prior. It was hard to get used to being that high up so I kept wanting a lower profile tire and was looking at coilovers. Then I found an almost new set of larger tires, put 1" bigger rims on the car and took it up to the mountains. SOLD. Now I almost want to lift it, sounds crazy but the outback is so at home on a logging road or back trail. Gotta make the camping machina instead of trying to turn an outback into a legacy wagon...

Yeah, I'm still getting used to the ride height. It's not as bad as an SUV, but I do notice it when I ride in my wife's car (or any other car). I plan to do something with the suspension eventually. I would have gone with the MR coilovers, but the reviews for those are mixed. I like M. Schneider's Bilstein upgrade, but I'll have to save up quite a bit for that one (and find a shop to do the work).

The worst part is having to use a step stool to get my mountain bike on and off my Yakima roof rack, but that will be fixed soon. I just ordered a Subaru trailer hitch. With a 20% off coupon and $100 in Subaru Bucks, it was only $184 out the door. Now I just need to find time to install it, and then get a hitch mount rack.

I drove an outback as a loaner. It felt weird to me because I was so used to my LGT. I cant say I liked it, but since it had the same interior.. it just felt out of place and I think thats all it was.

also.. it had the softest suspension on EARTH.. it was a 2.5i. It would feel like itrs about to flip over when you lay on the brakes and then would still stop past the mark.. I think that was the 2.5i trim level tho and not the outback itself.

having a truck, I dont really worry about the ground clearance of my car, but if I were in a 1 car situation, I think having more ground clearance and a wagon like that is far more practical, and you can do it with the upper trim w/o really sacrificing anything (other than gaining fender flares and blubber rubber.. which can be fixed with rims and tires. :lol:)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Yeah, I'm still getting used to the ride height. It's not as bad as an SUV, but I do notice it when I ride in my wife's car (or any other car). I plan to do something with the suspension eventually. I would have gone with the MR coilovers, but the reviews for those are mixed. I like M. Schneider's Bilstein upgrade, but I'll have to save up quite a bit for that one (and find a shop to do the work).

Coilovers are your answer. ;)

also.. it had the softest suspension on EARTH.. it was a 2.5i. It would feel like it's about to flip over when you lay on the brakes and then would still stop past the mark.. I think that was the 2.5i trim level tho and not the outback itself.
Unfortunately the suspension and brakes don't vary between trim lines. The 2.5i has the same suspension and brakes as the XT and the 3.0R.
The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

The OB suspension is designed to go off-road and handle rough terrain. For that purpose, the OB is a million x better than the Legacy. Legacy would get torn-up trying to go off road. Granted most people are city slickers and rarely go off-road. But I take mine off road frequently to state parks,etc and very happy w/ the suspension for that.

Plus I find that the brakes are top notch compared to the mush soft pedal on Legacy's.

I just notice the acceleration seems to be slower (extra weight?) and not as manueverable.

Archived