LegacyGT.com

AP Idle rpm, timing

fishbone

Noticed just now that the new firmware on the AP (as I was too lazy to explore it in depth :lol: ) allows us to control the idle RPM both when the AC is on and OFF, permitting a margin of up to 300 rpms either way (more or less).

Are there benefits to this? When should such a thing be altered/used? I tested it and sure enough i was able to raise the idle rpms by 300. I didn't go the other way because my car idles at around 600 as it is, going lower would most likely have stalled the sucker.

Also noticed timing can be either advanced or retarded by as much as 5 degrees. I imagine this is probably for those that know what they're doing? When would you do either and advance or retard?

Noticed just now that the new firmware on the AP (as I was too lazy to explore it in depth :lol: ) allows us to control the idle RPM both when the AC is on and OFF, permitting a margin of up to 300 rpms either way (more or less).

Are there benefits to this? When should such a thing be altered/used? I tested it and sure enough i was able to raise the idle rpms by 300. I didn't go the other way because my car idles at around 600 as it is, going lower would most likely have stalled the sucker.

I've noticed that after installing my LWFW that my idle's a bit rougher sometimes, so I've thought of doing this from time to time...

Also noticed timing can be either advanced or retarded by as much as 5 degrees. I imagine this is probably for those that know what they're doing? When would you do either and advance or retard?

Mine will only let me retard it :spin:.

ive used the idle revs adjustment since my rpms in the morning were pretty low too. once the car is warmed up, no issues. i did this due to the near stall issues i/a number of us had on cold morning starts. with the warmer weather, much less so.

Archived