LegacyGT.com

Moving to Charleston SC in a few months...

smitty

Just wanted to say hello to my future LGT neighbors. I see mightys and mikevon are SC. My gf actually lives in Greenwood currently so Im excited about moving south. What are the good shops in the area to get major work done? Im going to sort of miss having MachV right in my backyard.

Wow you are moving way down south. I've only been to Charleston twice. Subarus should be rare there since it almost never snows and people don't look for AWD cars. We had a Subaru meet at a dealership in Greenville SC and about 50 cars came.

I've gone to the dealership in Greenville for minor things. For modifications, I went to Zen motors in Duluth (east side of Atlanta). They are a small new shop started by some poeple who used to work for a big Subaru performance shop.

Cool! I was born in Charleston.. only lived there for 2 weeks and never went back until 38 years later. Damn good food. Can't wait to vacation in Myrtle Beach again... I didn't see any Legacys at all when I was in SC for a week.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Haha, yeah finally getting away from the craziness of the northern VA area. I figured Subarus, let alone Legacys, are going to be rare.

Looking forward to all the great food I keep hearing about.

Well on the mod shop question I'm unsure about Charleston. I've had to go up to the Charlotte area and Ashville to get Mods done to my wifes and my Subies ( 42autosports and Boxer4Racing ) Not to discourage you from any other shops as I believe Draco is also in NC , National Speed in Wilmington (all makes and model preformance shop with Mustang Dyno)along with one other place I can't think of at the moment. Unfortuantley there is no longer a Subaru dealership in Charleston and I wouldn't really have the dealership here in Myrtle do anything big.

There are a few Subaru's in Myrtle , but not alot. Most of the Subarus are in Charleston and the Wilmington are along with all of the great armed forces men and ladies in the Jacksonville NC area.

Met the Mach V guys at VIR last year and you did have a nice place to go to in NOVA.

So if your up this way give me a shout and maybe we can meet up.

The wife and I autocross alot and we will be having a autocross in Charleston in June maybe you can participate or stop buy.

Cheers from fellow Legacy owner

Vaughan

Thanks for the info mike. Dont know if I will be able to hit up the June autox but I do plan on making a few others once I have moved. Also want to hit up a track day at Road Atlanta as well.

I will be in Columbia a lot Im sure since its between Charleston and Greenwood.

Thanks for the info mike. Dont know if I will be able to hit up the June autox but I do plan on making a few others once I have moved. Also want to hit up a track day at Road Atlanta as well.

I will be in Columbia a lot Im sure since its between Charleston and Greenwood.

CMP (Carolinia Motorsports Park) is closer then Road Atl. It is right outside of Columbia. There is a time trial going on there Memorial Day weekend. I know it might be soon, but FYI. www.scsportscar.com for more info.

Awesome, thanks for the new bookmark. I know I cant make the Memorial Day event since the gf is coming up here during that time. After June though I should definitely be in for some events.

• 2 weeks later...
So far i have the only legacy that i have seen around beaufort area, but then again people do hide around here. Not much need for an all wheel drive vehicle down here. I have seen a few legacys up in charlotte and one or to in columbia but other than that not much at all.

We have been to Charleston twice and we loved it down there...

Amazing restaurants, people were great, the city itself is very cozy and very inviting...

If I had to move down south again, it would probably be to Charleston...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

My buddy lives down in the Charleston/Mt Pleasant area. I went to visit once & I can't wait to go back so I'm guessin you're gonna love it down there :lol:
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• 5 weeks later...
so I'm in town here for a couple of days and in need of an oil change. any place I can trust to do it? I normally do my own so I have no experience with the drive-through oil change joints, but that's not an option right now.

Archived