LegacyGT.com

Stromung Dual Tip Exhaust

PLTek

Peter, any updates from Lachute on a possible dual tip version? I love the sound of the Lachute plus I like the resonator option but I love the look of the Stromung. I'm afraid the stromung will be too loud around town on my catless setup.

+1 :)

-ben

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
thanx for the link, i checked it out and it does sound nice, but i have small concern i am running a cobb catless dp, how loud would my lgt be? crazy? if i were to get that catback i would install an 18" resonator, to quiet things down. also can anyone comment on how big the difference would be in a mandrel bent 3" exhaust piping, and crush bent 3" piping. i know the crush bending won't flow as well, but as far as hp gains, how much would i lose? 2-3 whp, in the 260 whp range?

I was concerned about the tips sitting low in the cutouts too, but I can say it's not something I notice anymore. As you can see from the side-view photo, the tips are at a slight downward angle to the muffler body, so it must've been done for a reason. My suggestion is to call Scott at Stromung and discuss it.

• 4 weeks later...
...also can anyone comment on how big the difference would be in a mandrel bent 3" exhaust piping, and crush bent 3" piping. i know the crush bending won't flow as well, but as far as hp gains, how much would i lose? 2-3 whp, in the 260 whp range?

NONE! At 260whp, I seriously doubt you are giving up any peak/high rpm power. Lo-mod range may have an effect with the greater flow, but the exhaust is not a restriction at your stated power goals...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
hi,

you cant get the resonated tips on the stromung, sorry about that my friend.

Best Regards

PS

PLtek,llc

not questioning you, but in this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35167&highlight=stromung+wagon, Captin morgan was able to obtain the resonated tips.

I do have to agree with the above comments, the rolled tips leave a little to be desired in the looks department. The resonated tips look nicer in the photos.

• 1 month later...
anyone have any quesitons?

I am very interested in buying an exhaust shortly. Do you know what the current lead time on the Stromung systems is for the GT wagon?

Are they willing to customize the exhaust tips w/ the resonated ones? You had previously no, but if they have them on hand, I don't see why they wouldn't. I'd be willing to pay a few more $$ for them.

Also, it seems that most of the people that have bought the exhaust have put a resonator into the system. Does stromung offer an option for a resonator?

Thanks

FroMan

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived