LegacyGT.com

Stromung Dual Tip Exhaust

PLTek

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ALL Wagon owners,

I just got an UPDATE from Stromung !!!!!.

The Wagon exhaust seems to be the same in fitment except for that it is a bit longer which will be compensated by longer TIPS.

There will be another part# created for it and will be available within couple of weeks.

The price will be the same, so if I can get between 5-10 people to order the exhausts online over the next week, I will do FREE SHIPPING so the price will be 998USD shipped.

Here is the link

http://www.pltek.net/newlegacy-exhaust-ex.htm

Email me if you have any questions

Best Regards,

Peter Szydlik

PLTek,llc

http://www.pltek.net

tel. 508.615.6604

I'm ready to order when you get the stock #. Patagonian take a look at BoxerGT 2.5's install picks. It doesn't look like the exhaust has a resonator. I had a TurboXS stealthback with HFC and a 3" Stromung catback on the WRX and I was very pleased with the tone. No droning on interstate next to the divider with windows up.

Thought so - lemme check with Boxer and SDE about highway volume......I need to know it will be tolerable, as I spend alot of time roadtripping around VA for work. If they are happy after both have had them on awhile, I am in.

• 2 weeks later...

Stromung is closed until the end of this week so I have no update on the availability of the exhaust for the Wagon as of yet.

I will have some information for you next week.

Thanks everyone

PS

PLTek,llc

What exactly is the resonator part you guys are talking about? I'm only familiar with the resonator tips of Fast and Furious fame and I tried searching on Yahoo! but just got results about tips.
The resonator will cut down on the "back fire" or "popping" noise. It also quiets things down a little. My AVO has it and I’m glad it does :cool:

Hello,

The stromung catbacks do not have a resonator in place. I was assured by Stromung that they test fitted the exhaust on the wagon and also made sure that there are no issues with tips touching the bumper cover.

Unfortunately, I dont have any pics and am not sure if they took any. I dont want to wear my welcome out with Stromung as I have been on their back pushing to get the exhaust made for the wagons for couple months now with calls to them about 2-3 times a week, but have not purchased a single system from them yet, either for sedan or wagon.

I need a volunteer to get some pics (: Their number is (714) 596-2237, ask for Scott. If they get some calls from customers that will establish more urgency and give more validity to everything. ANyone?

Thanks everyone

Peter Sz

PLtek,llc

Good luck with getting a callback. I left voicemail and sent emails when the pics of this system first came out.....nothing. What's with vendors who publish their contact info then don't respond? :rolleyes:

I know there is no resonator - I will buy the system if there is one or an option for one if I find it too loud.

Whats happening with this?? It's been about a month sense the beginning of the post, any new status on the single tip version?? Regardless I kinda like the dual tips anyways. Do we have enough people for a discount?? Are the dual tip catbacks ready for shipping?? So far this seems to be the cheapest method/product for a catbacj system. Custom job is around 900 with magnaflows so this is looking to be pretty good. 3" back from my 3" DP is also looking good. Let me know whats going on. Thanks

Hello,

As per my updates, the dual tip should be ready to ship next week for the wagon. So far I only have 1 person who sort of comitted, long way from a whole bunch of people who said that they would be in so as of right now, there will be no discount of free shipping.

Need 5 people to commit.

Anyone, anyone?

PS

PLTek,llc

still interested, still not gonna commit until I see pictures on a wagon. I did not like the look of the original fitment - the tips were too low and too crowded in the bumper cutout - so if that has not changed at all, I'm not going to buy them. I appreciate your effort on this Peter, but Stromung needs to do more if they want my money.
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Archived