LegacyGT.com

97 degree weather is not fun.

Wow its hitting the high 90's here in northern virginia and my car is pulling like it did when it was stock (My car is stg2 ofts). Is this the placebo effect or is this hot intake charge really cutting my power noticibly. Even further entising me to consider a turbo swap with meth. My car was super quick when it was in the 30's but damn this is ganna be a boring summer for driving if I stay stock turbo/ic and the weather picks up. How much will a fmic + cai remidy this probly without having to swap turbo.

The front mount will help the most. I don't think anybody will have exact numbers for you.

I know there are formula's that will give you a ball park power gain per decrease in air temp. But do it more for the added power rather getting caught up in the numbers.

My son called me once when he was driving our Civic with a big FMIC and the intake air temp was down below 100F the outside air temp was in the 90's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Temp increase is roughly linear across a turbo. An increase of 1 degree in ambient makes for an added degree of intake temp. So you, effectively, increased turbine outlet temp 60 degrees.

A FMIC will have enough thermal mass that you'll likely be able to counter the increased ambient temp.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived