LegacyGT.com

JDM Bumper

lgygt

So, my question are:

1. Who sell the jdm bumper here in north america for good price, prefer one in canada.

HKC Speed and japanparts

2. Can I modify my usdm bumper beam instead of order a new jdm beam? (Insurance may not pay me that much for all the parts)
You can modify the USDM beam, but it will require quite a bit of cutting. I went with a new JDM beam.

3. Will the under engine cover fit with the jdm bumper?

Absolutely. There are some cuts that might need to be made to fit if you use the bottom JDM absorber. If you don't, then no mods are needed unless you want to "popit" the bumper to the undertray.

4. Will the original grill fit with jdm bumper?
Yes and no. The USDM OEM grille will attach to the bumper + radiator core support, but will leave a very hearty gap between the bottom of the grille to the mating surface of the bumper. Trust me, it looks worse in person than in pictures. :lol:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/Jim_KT/SpecB/test_fit0.jpg

5. Will the mounting point of jdm bumper fit to my 05 GT?
Yes.

Aside from allocating all the components, the reuse of the USDM foglights will be the biggest headache and isn't much of an issue at that. If you do decide to use the USDM foglights + JDM Spec. B bumper, you will need to fabricate mounting brackets or use zip ties + bailing wire.

Hello! Very nice thread!! I am showing some interest here as I plan on doing a S402 conversion on my car soon, aesthetically and performance wise. So here are my questions:

Exhibit A:

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/firstdrive/2008/subaru.legacy.sti.s402/08.subaru.legacy.s402.act.f34.2.500.jpg

That is the look I am trying to for later on. The fenders have an extra 20mm flare to cover the wheels more, and the front bumper looks quite sporty.

1.) Would you guys be able to get the fenders and that fin insert on the side of the fenders?

2.) Would you be able to get the front bumper?

3.) You mentioned that a JDM front bumper beam would be needed to fit a JDM bumper (obviously). However, when adding these fenders, would there be any further modifications required?

4.) You mention that the USDM foglights are the biggest headache. Do you guys have JDM foglights? Would they fit perfectly or are there modifications required?

5.) You mention you have the honeycomb grill, do you have the fasteners as well to slap the Subaru badge on the grill?

Thanks!

i love the jdm spec B bumper and mesh grill. If I ever need front end repair that is what I will get.

I would have that license plate thing body worked and smoothed over however..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Picked them up on Blowout from a company in NC...they have been discontinued...now the Ultraleggara with a narrower spoke...a few great examples on this site...Tire rack may be best?

JB

Hello! Very nice thread!! I am showing some interest here as I plan on doing a S402 conversion on my car soon, aesthetically and performance wise. So here are my questions:

Exhibit A:

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/firstdrive/2008/subaru.legacy.sti.s402/08.subaru.legacy.s402.act.f34.2.500.jpg

That is the look I am trying to for later on. The fenders have an extra 20mm flare to cover the wheels more, and the front bumper looks quite sporty.

1.) Would you guys be able to get the fenders and that fin insert on the side of the fenders?

3.) You mentioned that a JDM front bumper beam would be needed to fit a JDM bumper (obviously). However, when adding these fenders, would there be any further modifications required?

4.) You mention that the USDM foglights are the biggest headache. Do you guys have JDM foglights? Would they fit perfectly or are there modifications required?

5.) You mention you have the honeycomb grill, do you have the fasteners as well to slap the Subaru badge on the grill?

Thanks!

Were these questions directed towards HKC Speed or one of the JDM bumper owners?

Were these questions directed towards HKC Speed or one of the JDM bumper owners?

If it was too us - the answer is we will not be able to source the fenders for you. We need VIN number and everything to get that.

As for the rest of the questions, stay tuned in what "Leke" is posting on this forum. He'll be the first I think - to do this front bumper conversion properly for the D/E Legacy.

Cheers,

J

If it was too us - the answer is we will not be able to source the fenders for you. We need VIN number and everything to get that.

As for the rest of the questions, stay tuned in what "Leke" is posting on this forum. He'll be the first I think - to do this front bumper conversion properly for the D/E Legacy.

Cheers,

J

Whoa.

Who is the Leke guy? I R jealous. JDM D/E leggy...

Cheers,

J

Hey HKC-Speed, yes they were directed at you. I apologize for not specifying, but I was getting really excited. :D

I will stay tuned for Leke indeed!! Woah... that rhymes!

Exhibit A:

Thanks!

Like Jimmy said, I got the Rev. D bumper - came in the mail a couple weeks ago. I just finished 2nd year at university, so I'm broke as hell. If all goes well, she should be painted some time this coming week and then mounted during the next week.

Like you, I am also going for the S402 look, though I have a 3.0R. Doing this conversion was really the only reason why I got the Legacy in the first place. I made a thread when I first joined the forums asking a few questions about the entire project I was trying to accomplish, if you do a quick search of my user name, you'll see it. There's a bit of useful information in there.

I'll try to answer your questions:

1) Those fenders are specifically for the S402. In order to get them you need to prove you're an S402 owner - ie. you need a VIN number. Subaru doesn't provide these parts to just anyone. Though, if I find them, I'm willing to pay almost anything for them as they're by far the parts that'll really set the car off.

2) Japanparts & HKC can get them. I went with HKC because we're both in Canada and Japanparts couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't have to pay any additional brokerage charges once the item hit Canadian Customs. Jimmy also hooked me up with my STi quad tip exhaust, so I had to show some love in return.

3) I'm assuming when you say fenders, you're referring to the S402 ones. From the information that I have gathered, the fenders don't require any special modification of the JDM bumper beam. The S402 uses the same bumper as many other Legacy/Liberty variants all over the world, and in Japan, so my assumption is that the fenders would have to bolt right on without modification of the bumper or bumper beam.

4) I'm almost 99% sure the USDM headlights will bolt right into the Rev. D bumper with no modifications. I got my hands on the USDM 2009 legacy service manual, and from the looks of the pictures in the manual, the foglight bracket is identical to the brackets on my Rev. D bumper. This similarity doesn't exist with the Rev. C bumper and the 05 style USDM bumper.

5) A couple different grills will work with this. Personally, I'm trying to decide between the JDM honeycomb, and the JDM sports grill - the one with the thin black mesh. Hopefully I can replace the small Subaru emblem with a larger one. If you've seen pics of the sports grille you'll see what I'm talking about. Though, I think I'm leaning towards the honeycomb.

Give me a week or two to get this painted, and also purchase a grille. I'll post a detailed write up with an obscene amount of pics as soon as everything is in order.

Leke

Like Jimmy said, I got the Rev. D bumper - came in the mail a couple weeks ago. I just finished 2nd year at university, so I'm broke as hell. If all goes well, she should be painted some time this coming week and then mounted during the next week.

Like you, I am also going for the S402 look, though I have a 3.0R. Doing this conversion was really the only reason why I got the Legacy in the first place. I made a thread when I first joined the forums asking a few questions about the entire project I was trying to accomplish, if you do a quick search of my user name, you'll see it. There's a bit of useful information in there.

I'll try to answer your questions:

1) Those fenders are specifically for the S402. In order to get them you need to prove you're an S402 owner - ie. you need a VIN number. Subaru doesn't provide these parts to just anyone. Though, if I find them, I'm willing to pay almost anything for them as they're by far the parts that'll really set the car off.

2) Japanparts & HKC can get them. I went with HKC because we're both in Canada and Japanparts couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't have to pay any additional brokerage charges once the item hit Canadian Customs. Jimmy also hooked me up with my STi quad tip exhaust, so I had to show some love in return.

3) I'm assuming when you say fenders, you're referring to the S402 ones. From the information that I have gathered, the fenders don't require any special modification of the JDM bumper beam. The S402 uses the same bumper as many other Legacy/Liberty variants all over the world, and in Japan, so my assumption is that the fenders would have to bolt right on without modification of the bumper or bumper beam.

4) I'm almost 99% sure the USDM headlights will bolt right into the Rev. D bumper with no modifications. I got my hands on the USDM 2009 legacy service manual, and from the looks of the pictures in the manual, the foglight bracket is identical to the brackets on my Rev. D bumper. This similarity doesn't exist with the Rev. C bumper and the 05 style USDM bumper.

5) A couple different grills will work with this. Personally, I'm trying to decide between the JDM honeycomb, and the JDM sports grill - the one with the thin black mesh. Hopefully I can replace the small Subaru emblem with a larger one. If you've seen pics of the sports grille you'll see what I'm talking about. Though, I think I'm leaning towards the honeycomb.

Give me a week or two to get this painted, and also purchase a grille. I'll post a detailed write up with an obscene amount of pics as soon as everything is in order.

Leke

Thanks for the support Leke!!

Archived