LegacyGT.com

NJ: headlight clearing

THE RZA

I didn't think so. I thought you had to get amber bulbs because the regular bulbs were clear.

05's have amber stock. someone with an 08 said his were clear. so if you have an 05 don't worry about it.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
05's have amber stock. someone with an 08 said his were clear. so if you have an 05 don't worry about it.

Unless you want to go through the trouble of clearing your headlights and then having an orange bulb staring out at you. Clear bulbs wont pass inspection. So, the Sylvania bulbs seem like the best alternative. They have an iridescent coating, so they don't show up much through the lens when they are off. But, they are amber when on, so they are legal for turn signals in a cleared head lamp. In order to change the turn signal bulbs later you have to drop your whole bumper skin again.

That's why I was trying to bring extra sets of bulbs for folks. I went to the Pep Boys in Paterson. No dice. I got a shipping confirmation from Amazon this afternoon. Says expected delivery date is Monday the 18th. Hopefully they get here Saturday.

Unless you want to go through the trouble of clearing your headlights and then having an orange bulb staring out at you. Clear bulbs wont pass inspection. So, the Sylvania bulbs seem like the best alternative. They have an iridescent coating, so they don't show up much through the lens when they are off. But, they are amber when on, so they are legal for turn signals in a cleared head lamp. In order to change the turn signal bulbs later you have to drop your whole bumper skin again.

That's why I was trying to bring extra sets of bulbs for folks. I went to the Pep Boys in Paterson. No dice. I got a shipping confirmation from Amazon this afternoon. Says expected delivery date is Monday the 18th. Hopefully they get here Saturday.

the pep boys by me should have them. ill try to swing by there on sat. looking for some redline fuel cleaner.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

if someone can pick up a set of bulbs for me from pep boys that'd be awesome, the closest pep boys to me is about 30 minutes away and i wont have time to get there before sunday. Also if you are on the list PM me for directions.

what time are we starting and i need the address

pm sent. sorry thought rza pm'd everyone.

havent heard back but ill wait around until 12 the latest. if no one by then, then im out. i got to do some things

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

well that was a productive day, my car is cursed! but thanks again VXCL for hosting us and all our cars look awesome now!

08s = PITA for everything

05s ftW!!!!

good to meet all of you.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Which light? Drivers side? Passenger side? Signal, low beam, hi beam or all of the above. There should be 1 fuse for headlights under the dash. Check the fuse and we can go from there. Everything worked Sunday, right? If the fuse did blow, let me know and we can start working towards why the fuse blew.

When you plugged them back in did you make sure everything was connected tightly? I know that's probably the last possibility but make sure you connected everythin back in properly. Wires never go bad unless they damaged so yeah check all your connectivity and fuses.

Hopefully Pete's issue is the fuse as thats the only thing I could think too.

Just wanted to say it was a fun time meeting everyone and hanging out while the clearing went down. Hopefully I will have a chance to get mine cleared soon too.

Archived