LegacyGT.com

LR tire noise just started today

Dean

I searched..this sounds different from a wheel bearing. 05 lgt 61k. A loud noise like a baseball card in the spokes started this morning. It doesn't happen when i'm accelerating or when i'm braking medium or hard. It only makes noise when my foot is off the gas and no brakes, or foot off the gas and soft braking. It didn't gradually happen it started suddenly and has persisted since then. It is low pitched and is linked to the speed of the car

I didn't jack it up but I looked under the car and couldn't see anything touching the wheel or anything visibly broken. 5 days ago I was on some dirt roads 4x4 type stuff and bottomed out a couple of times so it could be related but the problem didn't start til today so I don't know.

Any idea what the problem is? Thanks

I searched..this sounds different from a wheel bearing. 05 lgt 61k. A loud noise like a baseball card in the spokes started this morning. It doesn't happen when i'm accelerating or when i'm braking medium or hard. It only makes noise when my foot is off the gas and no brakes, or foot off the gas and soft braking. It didn't gradually happen it started suddenly and has persisted since then. It is low pitched and is linked to the speed of the car

I didn't jack it up but I looked under the car and couldn't see anything touching the wheel or anything visibly broken. 5 days ago I was on some dirt roads 4x4 type stuff and bottomed out a couple of times so it could be related but the problem didn't start til today so I don't know.

Any idea what the problem is? Thanks

I may have the same problem as you. Mine sounds like a metallic scratching noise. It's apparently at speeds of 10-30mph and especially when either braking or turning to the left. It persists and fades away until I make another left turn.

My first thought is it might be a ball-joint.

This is an '08 Legacy 2.5GT 5EAT with less than 6000 miles on it.

Archived