LegacyGT.com

Best Tire Size for 18x8.5 Wheels

phoenix96

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wheels are +44 offset and 18 x 8.5 w/245/35/18 size tires. I had to roll the rears, fronts and add negative camber to the front to get it all to work without rubbing. I also am lowered to about a 1 finger gap all around on tein flex coilovers.

Thread bump again :lol:

255/35/18 on 18x8.5 +48 wheel and Koni + STi Pink springs....will it fit? I'm ONLY considering this size because there is a local guy selling 255/35/18 Star Specs for practically nothing and only 3k miles...

Otherwise I would likely be going with 245s. I have 235/40/18 on the car right now, no rubbing, however there is a little stretch...I'd much rather a squarer sidewall

• 1 month later...
you may need +45 or alittle less for inboard clearance. a 5mm spacer would assist if you cant get a rim in that offset. 245 will definitly fit, but you will need a fender roll and a good amount of camber.

I'll check my clearance for 255s. I cant find many tires in 245/35/18

• 4 weeks later...
I have 245/35/18 Federal 595 RSR on 18x8 SSR Comps. I had to a 3mm spacer to clear the inboard in the front. Other than that no issues. These tires are WIDE btw.

what was the offset of those rims

I have found even less tires in this size compared to 235/40 also I believe that 35's are to thin(not width wise). Like i said im going to be getting g-forces 18X8.5 on 235/40R18 on stock suspension (as long as it doesn't look like a monster truck) and I'll tell you if they rub or not!

Tinting

• 5 years later...

Bump for two questions. Think I'll have any rubbing with 18x8.5 +45mm wrapped in 235/40/18's? Currently lowered 1" in the front and .5" in the rear with -1.8 camber in the front. Suspension is konis, hr springs, whiteline com c tophats and 1/4" spacers in the rear. Might take the spacers off for a total of .75" drop in the rear. Think it will matter if I do as far as rubbing?

Also on another note. Since I have the 5eat my invidia downpipe hangs pretty low to the ground even though im only lowered 1" in the front. I don't have any issue's except for when I visit my mom. She has these awful speed bumps. I currently run 17" wheels with 215/45/17.

When I use the calculator thats a diameter of 24.6" and if I go with 235/40/18's it says that's a diameter of 25.4". So with .8" more diameter that would give me .4" more ground clearance to help with my issue correct? Here is a pic of my issue. Thanks for any help.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/wrxsti4life/2F287ED0-554A-42B5-AF7C-BDB7C96851BF_zpsietynvb7.jpg

You can see I'm not even that low.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/wrxsti4life/8B205F98-C308-4D9A-BE51-BDF358B484B0_zps0fdadjky.jpg

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

alex@jdmprestigemotors.com

sure you have more ground clearance, but your tires will be huge and you'll likely run into rubbing issue especially if the car is lowered.

Learn how to drive with the mad JDM angle style to clear those bumps

Thanks, opinion noted on the first part. Suggestion on a different tire size or think I'll rub regardless? From what I've read on here most people say no issue on stock suspension. I didn't see anyone with a mild drop comment.

As for the second part I'm sure you're just being funny but If not I'm pretty sure that would only help for anything from the front wheels to the front of the car from rubbing. Nothing behind such as my downpipe.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

Hi there mate, I have a 2010 LGT here in Australia, currently running Rota Gravel 18 X 8.5 + 44 with tyre size 245 45 18s. The wheels are slightly cambered however in Australia you cant legally have tyre poke outside your guards.

I have several pictures on my profile. or view page 58:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/show-off-your-5th-gens-aftermarket-wheels-192431.html?p=5223776

Hi there mate, I have a 2010 LGT here in Australia, currently running Rota Gravel 18 X 8.5 + 44 with tyre size 245 45 18s. The wheels are slightly cambered however in Australia you cant legally have tyre poke outside your guards.

I have several pictures on my profile. or view page 58:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/show-off-your-5th-gens-aftermarket-wheels-192431.html?p=5223776

Thanks, but unfortunately that's not helpful to me as I have an 05 lgt. Looks good nonetheless.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

Archived