LegacyGT.com

Small suspension bits for a daily driver?

Mindspin311

I put on BC Racing coilovers (5/7s) to try to deal with that inadequate damping. I think the BC Rs suffer from inadequate travel relative to the T1s and I'm still playing with ride height, damper setting and preload to get the ride balance right.

There was a significant difference in ride quality when I went from a cheaper coilover to a higher quality one (I'm on Zeals now). I now encourage people to pay the extra $ if ride quality is a big deal.

There was a significant difference in ride quality when I went from a cheaper coilover to a higher quality one (I'm on Zeals now). I now encourage people to pay the extra $ if ride quality is a big deal.

I suspect that T1s and, in your case, the Zeals may give a better ride quality for a bit more money. I set a budget for my damper improvement project and the BC Rs hit that. In the end, it may be worth spending more money. But for now, the BCRs are my workshop. They seem to be pretty good quality wise but may have some "design" limitations. But I have learned a lot in the process of trying to get the balance right with spring rates, damper settings, ride height, spring preload. A good education for the tuition.

Archived