LegacyGT.com

98 JDM Headlights?

MCSLegacy

Hey everyone. I've been looking at some exterior mods to do to my Legacy here as summer rolls around (slowly). I've been looking on eBay for some projector JDM headlights. I was wondering if anyone has any expirience with those particular headlights? Some of the sellers on eBay describe that these are not bolt on parts and require some modification to make them fit right. Doesn't seem quite right to me since, essentially, aren't the JDM models the same as the US models? Just different inserts and stuff? Are the bulb fitments going to be the same? I think I have a high/low 9007 right now, they are HIDs and I noticed that the JDM version has two lights, one for the lows on the projector I'm assuming and one for the highs. Do you think the projector slot is still a 9007?

I have the sedan in this year, I'd like to replace the rear tailights and get rid of the orange turn signals and go for the white to continue on from the white reverse lights on the trunk. Anyone know where I can get these?

Thanks for the help!

I have JDM head lights in my 97 LGT and the high beam buld size is H3 and the low beam bulb size is H1. The previous owner purchased and installed the headlights, so as far as any modding needed to hook them up im not sure. I can see them bolting up with no problem but the electrical is were I think you run into the modding.

Also, how much are the eBay projectors going for? Hop over to http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100533. There is a guy over in Misawa, JP right now and he is pulling parts from junk yards for us for pretty cheap.

Yeah I'm more or less just concerned about them bolting in without any problems. Electrical, I should be able to tackle pretty easily. The cheapest projectors I found were genuine Subaru and ranged from about $110 to $150ish for the pair.

Thanks for the help!

You live in Burnsville? I live pretty close to there as well. I'll have to keep an eye out for you and your car, it would be cool to see those projectors on a GT around here.

Wow, your car is amazing! That's so cool! Where did you get those seats? Did they come like that? Mine totally don't look like that. I know in the other forums they were talking about how the projectors don't quite work well in the US because they were made for right hand drive? Did you just use them normal without modifying the lenses for US?

Awesome car!

The right hand drive thing is kind of a lame hoax. You can re aim the headlights for left hand drive. The seats are out of a '02 WRX. The previous owner put them in, from what he told me they were pretty much a direct bolt up. The only thing is the split middle seat that you can get into the trunk doesn't latch in anymore.

Personally, no I haven't, but I didn't install them like I said before so I don't know if there are any mods you have to do to the headlights.

Are you a member on mnsubaru.com? If you aren't you should join up over there and we can meet up at firestone some time and you can check out the car alittle more!

Archived