LegacyGT.com

Brake noise while driving

flander

Last month I had 30k service performed on my 2.5i and after a week I noticed the brakes on the driver side are squealing when I'm driving down the road. The noise will disappear when I apply the brakes. I also noticed that when they are making the noise and I'm in a bend or changing lanes, the noise will stop and come back when I'm straight again.

I contacted my dealership and they said the noise is normal for Subaru. The noise wasn't there before the service. I don't think they understood that the noise isn't then I apply the brakes but when I'm just cruising with no brakes applied.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing the noise from the brakes? I'm not satisfied with their reply to my problem and I haven't had a chance to get back to them.

Hey,

I have an 06 legacy 2.5i and have had the same problem for about 6-8months now. The dealer can never duplicate it and don't have an answer for it. Its pretty annoying, like a rubbing/grinding noise when driving not on the brakes. It is in front and it disappears when I apply the brake just like you said. I have had new pads on put on the front, had the rotors turned, and had both front wheel bearings replaced. I still get this problem intermittently on the highway mostly. My calipers seem to get very hot after drives which leads me to believe it might have something to do with them. I am planning on upgrading to GT front calipers and new rotors, pads, lines so hopefully that takes care of it. Good luck with it though because I haven't had any luck with this problem. (I guess my post isn't really helpful to you, sorry lol)

-Adam

At least I'm not the only one that has this problem. Unlike you, I can't go with GT calipers and rotors. My stock wheels are 16" not 17" like yours. I'm going to contact y dealership about this after my finals this week.

Archived