LegacyGT.com

Air Filter Replacement

All,

I just installed an AVO air-filter and, upon turning the car back on, noticed the check engine light and cruise-control lights were on... Could you advise what my next step should be?

I'm sorry if there is another post with this information. I did a search and the result was inconclusive.

Youll have to wait to get the lights shut off. Unless you have a friend that works at advance auto or autozone. They both have computers for checking the lights, and the same computers can erase them, but I don't think either of them will do it for liability reasons. I know at Advance we wont, but like I said, if you know someone that works there...

If you reconnect it, then once your car runs through it's own checks it will shut off by itself. If not, go to the autozone and scan it to make sure that's the problem.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to disconnect the battery and start it up again to see if it'll clear it. (haven't personally tried with the 05 Legacy of mine since I do have all the cables etc to control the ECU myself :) )

I just reconnected it and after about 3-4 starts of my car with some driving in the middle, it went off on its own. I think it takes the computer a few start-ups to cycle through the checks and verify that everything is ok.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Case closed.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived