LegacyGT.com

Need help: Tuning/logging for dummies.

zmarko

Well, I can read the stock ROM off the ECU fine. But I can't get to write to the ECU. When I try and "open" the new rom from infamous, I get the error message pictured below.

If I try and just click "Write to ECU" I get this error message in ECUFlash..."Flashing tools do not recognize flash method ''". Anyone know what that's about??

348573050_errormessage.jpg.874ce3a253e3191e52ff723db9126ed8.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have the latest version of EcuFlash/Drivers?
Yeah, I downloaded everything in the instructions infamous sent me. The only thing I can think of that might be causing trouble is I had a previous version of ecuflash on here when I downloaded the new version (I figured it would just update the version I had...which didn't seem to be the case). Then I had to delete the old version. I also downloaded the ecu and logger definitions, but don't know what to do with them...during that process they never asked me to install or mate with a program or anything. :confused:

Unistall everything, then reinstall.

Just did that (and moved the definitions to their respective places). Now when I open ECUflash and try to read from the ECU, the box pops up where I've chosen what car platform it is, and that box is empty. Damn, I really hate software.

You shouldn't have to move anything, the defs will be where they need to be on a fresh install.

Well I deleted them, and re-downloaded them as well as that's what I thought you meant by everything. I followed the directions in the links where I downloaded everything. Sorry I'm a pain in the ass. Should have just gotten an AP. :lol:

I've tried. I've uninstalled and reinstalled ECUFlash and Romraider so many times it's not even funny. Here are the messages that pop up when I start Romraider.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/1-5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/2-4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/3-4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/4-3.jpg

I just don't understand what I've got set up wrong. And yes, I realize I'm an idiot when it comes to software.

Run the installer under the administrator account. By that, I mean, right-click on it and choose "run as administrator."

Also run the app itself as administrator, when you run it for the first time. After the first time, you should be able to run it normally.

Run the installer under the administrator account. By that, I mean, right-click on it and choose "run as administrator."

Also run the app itself as administrator, when you run it for the first time. After the first time, you should be able to run it normally.

Ok, I'll give that a go later today. Gotta go to work in a few, then I gotta drive my friend to the SC/GA border to buy an STi today. Thanks for the tip. :)

Well, that didn't work either. :sigh: :(

Finally got it working. Had to wipe the HD clean and revert the laptop to when I received it 3 years ago....but it worked. Got the map loaded finally, and will now work on getting a log of it. :) Thanks for everyone's help.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I was able to get hooked up to the ECU and pulled the ROM ID for Infamous, and just got a map back from him this morning. However, apparently the ROM ID is from an '06 LGT. Are they interchangeable between model years?? I wouldn't think so, especially because my '05 LGT is a 5MT wagon (which weren't made in the US in '06+).

They are not 100% interchangeable. Let me guess that your CC doesn't work...

-Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Archived