LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on BC Racing coilovers?

AlexD

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can use the standard Legacy BCs on an Outback and reach the low spec value of Outback ride height (no spacers). I had them on mine.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/81-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/20640-bc-racing-br-type-coilover-obxt.html

I've since removed them as I didn't like the loss of suspension travel. I'm now running Koni inserts in OEM Legacy front struts using all the Outback parts (springs, bumps etc.) front and rear. It's a much more civilize setup. Ride height will be reduced with this configuration but ride quality is much better than OEM and BC, IMHO. It can even accommodate my 18" wheels.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know a good dampening setting

For a harsh ride that hugs the road very close. I have them set at 8 from the hardest setting in the front and rear currently.

10 from soft on the front

12 from soft on the rear

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Does anyone know a good dampening setting

For a harsh ride that hugs the road very close. I have them set at 8 from the hardest setting in the front and rear currently.

after a corner balance, I'm set at 5.5 inches clearance. set 16 from hard in front, and 14 from hard. Works well on the track and doesnt beat me to death on the highway.

less than 10 in front only worked on a really smooth road.

regardless, add medium loctite to the threads to keep the vibrations from backing the nuts out.

Archived