LegacyGT.com

How much do you think this 05 LGT can be worth?

Greetings:

Given the following informations:

- 05 LGT 4Dr sedan, automatic (bought new 11/2005) stock and has never been mod.

- autodim w/ compass rearview mirror.

- K&N filter + 1 new spare + new cleaning and reconditionning bottle.

- has been rear ended by a van in 08/2007. The quarter panels and trunk has been replaced by the insurance authorized bodywork facility. But no damage to any mechanical part or frame what so ever.

- 45,800 miles (85% highway miles).

- all the factory regular maintenance (15,000, 30,000, 45,000) has been serviced by Subaru dealer.

- Mobil 1 synthetic oil after 10,000 miles.

- has 3M invisible paint protection kit ($800) for the hood, bumper, headlight, fog light, sideview mirrors.

- has 1 mile range Python 881XP ($600) 2 way alarm and remote starter system.

- has a few scratches on stock rims lips with 4 225/42R-17 91W Potenza RE960 (purchased 04/2007 from TireDirectDiscount with road hazard insurance).

- the spare tire is full size stock alloy rim with 225/42R-17 91W Potenza RE960 tire. I still have the donut spare tire that has never been used.

- 2 new tires in front (1 purchased and one has a shifted belt under warranty) purchased on 03/2008.

- all tires still have a deep groove (I don't have tread depth measure apparatus).

- 1 barely noticeable dents about 1/2 inch diameter in the rear passenger door driver side.

- about 7 small paint chips no bigger than the size of the needle head on the hood outside the paint protection film area.

- there is about 1 inch long sideway (going from the driver to front passenger direction) cut under the driver side plastic rocker panel or skirt.

- interior clean, no sign of wear and tear, only one driver, no kids, passengers, smoking, driking eating in the car.

- clear coat paint is still shiny, smooth to the touch and no scratches.

- the car is running great at this point but I would like to get something quieter like the 08 G35x or 09 G37x.

- still have payment of $231 until 10/2009.

If it were you how would you rate this car, as Outstanding / Excellent, Clean / Good, Average / Fair? Which price NADA, KBB, Edmunds should I base on?

Advance thanks for your time and comments.

--------------NADA--------------

Rough Trade-In $10,350

Average Trade-In $11,550

Clean Trade-In $12,525

Clean Retail $14,775

--------------KBB -------------------

Trade-in prices:

Excellent $11,700

Good $11,000

Fair $9,800

Private party prices:

Excellent $13,820

Good $12,970

Fair $11,920

-------------Edmunds-----------------

Outstanding condition:

Trade-in $12,792

Private party $14,183

Clean condition:

Trade-in $12,042

Private party $13,385

---------------------------------

Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall in the "excellent" or top category. These cars seem to go for OVER blue book, I could definitely see this car going for $13,000 or more, especially in the condition you described, with those service records.

As the seller, one approach would be to use, as baselines, the highest valuation as your starting price, and the lowest valuation as an idea of your lowest acceptable price.

Playing around with the average of the 3 values is also another approach.

Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall in the "excellent" or top category. These cars seem to go for OVER blue book, I could definitely see this car going for $13,000 or more, especially in the condition you described, with those service records.

If it has been really well taken care of, and pictures are worth 1000 words, maybe even more, depending on interest and the time you are willing to wait until it sells.....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Thank you all for your help and comments

Sorry, I forgot to mention it's an automatic.

It's an excellent idea. I will should different angle and close up on the car and will either post it here or link them to my google ASAP.

Sorry for the wait, I have to clean the outside of the car and the weather is not cooperating. It has been raining and the car keeps getting dirty. Anyway, I finally got it done.

There are 35 1600x1200 pictures. Please pm your e-mail address so I can invite to you to see my picasa album photos.

You will see 2 pictures which shows scratches on the front bumper driver side. I just got these ones while either park in NY or somewhere in the car wash facility. These the only two places that I have been during this week-end. As the pictures show, the scratches only affect the 3M paint protection film and not the clear coat or the paint itself.

As for the inside door panel scratches, I hope that I can find some magical product that could lighten them up a bit.

Archived