Using an Autonostics/Vag-Com Cable To Read/Flash ECU's

qikslvr

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

need help here.

I finally got the right cag com cable FT232BL but now i have problem connecting it to ecuFlash or Romraider... all there is over 2005 LGT-s and so on.

also do i work with car engine started or just the key in ON possition is fine>>??

and what is that green connector i read about on this forum i have no idea where it is and if i need it.

for starters all i want to do is LOG and see if theres something happening with the car.

I have 05 Subaru legacy JDM 3.0 automatic... at the Ecu flash logging window i dont even know which one to select as my car.

also as i understand i have to match the software version with other driver versions but when i downloaded all the latest ones for EcuFlash and ROMraider with all its definitions RomR didnt seem to connect in logging section and with Ecuflash it gave out an error but under the speedometer of the car it wrote Er oH or something... i think im close but why did it give out the error.....

learning view gave this error ECU ID of 2F0A367106 is not supported

there are no videos no info, nothing for my JDM subaru((

need The Helppp

need help here.

I finally got the right cag com cable FT232BL but now i have problem connecting it to ecuFlash or Romraider... all there is over 2005 LGT-s and so on.

also do i work with car engine started or just the key in ON possition is fine>>??

and what is that green connector i read about on this forum i have no idea where it is and if i need it.

for starters all i want to do is LOG and see if theres something happening with the car.

I have 05 Subaru legacy JDM 3.0 automatic... at the Ecu flash logging window i dont even know which one to select as my car.

also as i understand i have to match the software version with other driver versions but when i downloaded all the latest ones for EcuFlash and ROMraider with all its definitions RomR didnt seem to connect in logging section and with Ecuflash it gave out an error but under the speedometer of the car it wrote Er oH or something... i think im close but why did it give out the error.....

learning view gave this error ECU ID of 2F0A367106 is not supported

there are no videos no info, nothing for my JDM subaru((

need The Helppp

If you want to flash, on postion, if you want to log, engine running, for learning view on or off.

You need to load the definitions file for romraider, and for ecuflash you need to use version 1.29a or earlier.

what am i doing wrong?:((

SOo.... i used CDM 2.08.30 WHQL Certified driver to get the laptop connect to this VAG cable....

then i installed Ecuflash (ecuflash_setup129a) 29a... i used latest

ECUFLASH METRIC units SUBARU ECU definitions 0.8.3.1b 10-07-09

i also installed RomRaider 0.5.7RC2-windows... latest version... with latest ROMRAIDER METRIC units ECU definitions 0.8.3.1b 10-07-09

what else can do... here is a screenshot of where i am stuck in romraider and ecuflash.... Romraider screen is stuck at CONNECTING... and thats it ECUFlash just is unable to connect to the interface or whatever

http://i60.tinypic.com/oa96iq.jpg

maybe i am doing the connection part wrong?... i connect the cable to car and laptop then i run ECU or RR and start the car or hit it in ON possition.

ignore the green cable.

control panel, device manager - under ports does the device show its working ok? is the com port the correct port related to the driver? have you tried altering baud rate on it? you can't have both app's (romraider AND ecuflash) connecting at the same time too, use one at a time.

EDIT: dude... post once and once alone. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/using-ebay-vag-com-cable-datalog-96737p31.html multiple posts of the same question won't answer your question any quicker.

Edited by chimera

under ports does the device show its working ok? is the com port the correct port related to the driver? have you tried altering baud rate on it?

ok what does that mean correct port?

baud rate is the speed thing right from 9400 to 4600 or something like that... havent tried it.

im gonna delete ecuflash then i just want to log for now and try to get RR work.

sorry man its just you know how much i tried to get this cable and now that i cant get it to work its just making me mad :D and in that other thread iNVAR helped me out too... its just people dont check different threads i guess plus who cares its just a post its not gonna ruin our lives :D

Means whatever port that the driver says it's using in device mgr, make sure you got that port selected in RR or ECUFlash. Yes baud rate is speed, try 9600 - although having this wrong would generally give you scrambled data rather than ability to connect so I'm speculating here. Post a pic of device mgr showing driver installed and com port info. Also, test a connection using LV I found that this worked with my car and vagcom but not ecuflash or rr, but tactrix could do all 3. Edited by chimera

Means whatever port that the driver says it's using in device mgr, make sure you got that port selected in RR or ECUFlash. Yes baud rate is speed, try 9600 - although having this wrong would generally give you scrambled data rather than ability to connect so I'm speculating here. Post a pic of device mgr showing driver installed and com port info. Also, test a connection using LV I found that this worked with my car and vagcom but not ecuflash or rr, but tactrix could do all 3.

ok so i uninstalled vag CDM driver and everything in device manager then installed CDM 2.08.30 WHQL Certified again now under PORTS in device manager there is only COM3, speed is 9600.

rom raider log window also shows that COM3 is selected, i even changed to COM4 in device maneger and RR also recognized the cable as COM4 but it is still stuck at "connecting"

LearningView showed:

ECU ID of 2F0A367106 not found in definitions

[19:42:49.8125000] COM3 closed

so i dont know what to do with that^

should i start the engine and then run RR or wtf is wrong with this software:(

http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/RomRaiderFAQ#toc41

post on rr forums ask for someone to help you out - or reply to this guys as a follow up...

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9874

wouldn't have thought missing defs would cause inability to connect though - thought it would just stop you from flashing the ecu.

Edited by chimera

post on rr forums ask for someone to help you out - or reply to this guys as a follow up...

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9874

wouldn't have thought missing defs would cause inability to connect though - thought it would just stop you from flashing the ecu.

thanks man i finally got it working. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/using-ebay-vag-com-cable-datalog-96737.html?p=4758140#post4758140

installed everything all over and RR is logging nicely. om gonna figure out how to check all those codes or something showing if anything is wrong with the car. and later or ill try flashing too.

• 1 month later...
Downloaded the definitions and now when I start it up it says that I don't have the cars_def.xml file. When I go on the web site and click on it all it does is bring it up in a new web window. Do I have to copy the file and past it into romraider definitions?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
I have the Vag-Com cable pretty sure it says can on the bottom, as it works with Rom Raider logging flawlessly on my 08 Spec B, I wanted pull the image off my 07 Spec B ecu and flash my 08? Is this do able, its a custom tune as far as compatibility? I haven't been able to pull the image,but also I never messed with green test plug, which Is why I get no response when I try to pull the rom. Or should I just get the tactrix to be safe. Currently have a cobb V2, no pull, boost flutter and over boost, offers limited maps and garbage in my opinion, the 07 with the turbo stock exhaust and cobb intake had 300 at the wheels and when you hit that switch it moved. Id like to swap the turbos, and use the imaage from the 07 ecu, cant swap ecu becuase of immobilizer and I can but dont want to mess with the TPMS.

vag com cables only work on 05-06 i believe, you can't use it to write to the ecu with a can bus obd, which is 07+ i think. It can be used to log data in any year, but it can only actually write to ecu on 06 - 07. So yea you need a tactrix cable, don't bother wasting your time looking for a vag com solution, you can either use a tactrix or get a cobb ap, only options.