LegacyGT.com

Installing the maps, did I do it right?

Nochance

I've been running Stage 2 for awhile now, and always had a CEL. Never did anything about it because when the install was first done, people said just get it cleared. Figured no biggy.

Well I have to get my car inspected soon, and the CEL wouldn't clear. So I started from scratch again. Restored my car back to stock, installed the PDX map then a real time upload. CELs are gone right now. I don't remember doing the real time upload before. I just remember the lengthy install, unhooked the stuff and drove it.

CELs should be gone right?

The basic map loading procedure goes something like this. When you first get your AP; you have to "marry" it to the car. This is where you connect the little green test connectors and load the Basemap on the car. After that, you can load RealTime maps on the fly with the AP(no green connectors). Realtime maps can be changed while the car is running and they usually contain the better part of the tune. The car should feel stronger now with the RT map loaded.

The CEL is probably for either the EGT sensor or the Rear O2 sensor and the Stg2 map should defeat them both. If you haven't ever loaded your realtime map; that was probably the issue. You should be good to go.

FYI. If the CEL does come on as you are going in for inspection; you can hook up the AP; reset the ECU and re-load your RT map and it should be good for a little while at least long enough to get through the inspection. Good Luck!

Let's kick this pig!

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110434

this is your other thread, right?

It's been on the whole time.

I just got the codes.

P1518 Starter Switch Circuit Low Input

P1153 02 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance High (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1152 02 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0137 02 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

What about bad 02 sensors? I've been reading a lot the past hour or so, seems like a culprit. Especially at 58k miles.

Those should all be cleared or clear-able by the AP. If you use the AP you can reset just the trouble codes and not the whole ECU, I *think*.

I had 3/4 of those codes in this problem I had http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102887&highlight=P1153 but as soon as I flashed my new map they went away, and only the real one I had a problem with came back.

It seems like those codes are not disabled in your ECU map. have you tried emailing the map back to PDX and asking them to look at it?

Ya, after reading your other thread; I'd say first make sure the resistor mod has been completed as the Perrin UP does not have an EGT sensor bung. Second, e-mail the codes and your map back to PDX and have them check to see if they defeated those codes in the map. I know at least one person who had to send his map back to PDX to have more codes defeated. If they did miss those codes they can fix it in seconds and send the maps right back. Otherwise it sounds like a bad 02 sensor and maybe time for a new battery.
Let's kick this pig!

the resistor mod doesn't have to be done, that code should be able to be cleared in the ECU map. I just have my UP sensor tucked away in the engine bay. I had to clear the code for that sensor...and I don't think he's throwing the EGT code which I believe is for the UP (P0545 and P0546).

i just looked around and found the codes most people clear and none of these are on the list:

P1518 Starter Switch Circuit Low Input

P1153 02 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance High (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1152 02 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

if they keep coming back, you might actually have a problem. I just checked my protune map and those are also NOT disabled in it either. but P0137 isn't disabled in mine either. I guess it shouldn't have to be unless you didn't plug the Rear O2 sensor back in (the one where the DP meets the catback). seems like you might have some O2 sensor issues.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85968&highlight=P0546

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1329559&postcount=346

Archived