LegacyGT.com

Roll-Center & Bump-Steer Kit???

rosscarlson

I'm thinking about the RCK also. My stock LCA bushings are torn, so I will probably get AVO replacements anyway.

Question though, in the winter I run stock springs and struts, summer is BC/BR lowered about an inch. Will I run into problems with the RCK when I am at stock ride height?

Somebody should write up a how-to, or is there already one out there that I didn't find?

Other than the tie rod/bj separation there's nothing to it. Disconnect end link, remove fulcrum bushing nut and brace, and bolt/nut holding the smaller LCA bushing to the frame. Nothing that can't be found in the service manual.

I'm going to make a thread when I get home from work with my fail safe method for separating ball joints. I do not use 'pickle forks' or pitman pullers - and it consistently takes me no more than 15 minutes per side. The only catch is being able to find a solid steel tapered cylinder:eek:

Other than the tie rod/bj separation there's nothing to it. Disconnect end link, remove fulcrum bushing nut and brace, and bolt/nut holding the smaller LCA bushing to the frame. Nothing that can't be found in the service manual.

I'm going to make a thread when I get home from work with my fail safe method for separating ball joints. I do not use 'pickle forks' or pitman pullers - and it consistently takes me no more than 15 minutes per side. The only catch is being able to find a solid steel tapered cylinder:eek:

awesome walkthrough please. Have the this coming also....

Next up is Whiteline caster bits that increase the caster. A must for even better tracking.

I saw this on fredbeansparts.com and was curious what the differences were between the AVO offset bushings - they both seem to give about half a degree of positive caster.

Whiteline calls it the WALK (Whiteline Anti-lift kit)... maybe not the best acronym for an LCA bushing?:lol:

damn it, you menacing kids are wreaking havoc on my fiscal well being... :lol:

$190 for the ROCK and while I was looking, I found the FRONT LCA bushings for another $40....argh!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

damn it, you menacing kids are wreaking havoc on my fiscal well being... :lol:

$190 for the ROCK and while I was looking, I found the FRONT LCA bushings for another $40....argh!

If you're looking for the larger fulcrum bushing that's the wrong one. This is the smaller front bushing on the LCA, you probably want the rear bushings for the front LCA.

If you're looking for the larger fulcrum bushing that's the wrong one. This is the smaller front bushing on the LCA' date=' you probably want the rear bushings for the front LCA.

Noooo, I already have the AVO ver2 LCA rear bushings. :)

the smaller front bushing is what I meant.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

ahhh ok nvm then. seems to be a common (and honest) mistake, just wanted to make sure you weren't gettin the wrong one:)

I thought about picking up the smaller one as well but wasn't sure there would be much of a gain.

How are those rear bushings? I'm thinking of doing them on my car, didn't realize they even had em. Where did you get em?

-mike

How are those rear bushings? I'm thinking of doing them on my car, didn't realize they even had em. Where did you get em?

-mike

RalliTek.

They really solidified the steering and accuracy of the car. But...I also have the WL steering rack bushings...so my review isn't ENTIRELY based on JUST the AVO LCA rear bushings.

Oh you mean rear of the front LCA? I have those offset ones already.

I didn't know they offered front ones though. I'll check out rallitek's page and see what ones I don't have yet.

-mike

mike,

yes, the rear bushings of the front LCA. Yeah, the front bushings of the front LCA was news to me too as of yesterday.

Oh you mean rear of the front LCA? I have those offset ones already.

I didn't know they offered front ones though. I'll check out rallitek's page and see what ones I don't have yet.

-mike

I don't think Rallitek carries these yet (at least not on the site), they showed up on fredbeansparts just recently HERE. For under $40 I guess you can't really go wrong.

• 2 years later...
I'm thinking about the RCK also. My stock LCA bushings are torn, so I will probably get AVO replacements anyway.

Question though, in the winter I run stock springs and struts, summer is BC/BR lowered about an inch. Will I run into problems with the RCK when I am at stock ride height?

Somebody should write up a how-to, or is there already one out there that I didn't find?

Same question here.

"It can't hurt the handling and is still an improvement."

Correct. WTF, must have been using the 8086 again!

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1(2971)| T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Seems to me that raising the front geo roll center is going to dial in a bit more understeer.

Whether that's really a good thing is open to question, but at least it's generally associated with a benign shift in handling.

Norm

It does not. It will result in less roll = less suspension compression = better camber curve. If will actually reduce understeer.

There are effects that work in both directions. ↑↑↑ is one.

The increase in front LLTD through the roll centers goes up, which is an understeer effect that begins even before any roll has developed.

It also makes the car slightly less "tune-able", and increases the jacking tendencies.

Norm

Archived