LegacyGT.com

Roll-Center & Bump-Steer Kit???

rosscarlson

Guys,

I did some searching but couldn't find anything about this. I'm reading a bit about the Whiteline Roll-Center & Bump-Steer Kit and am not sure if it's something I should do or not.

My car is lowered (K-Sport Coilovers) and I'm already putting on Whiteline front/rear sways and Perrin endlinks. I'm also going to do a short throw shifter (I track my car quite a lot). Thoughts? Good upgrade? Anyone done it?

-Ross

I'm doing the Whiteline kit on Sat. I'll let you know what I think. I figured it was good $$$ spent as I already needed new ball joints and the tie-rod ends seemed like a good idea for our lowered suspention geometry

I'm lowered on Tein Flexs', Cusco F&R braces, and AVO Offset LCAs...no sways yet but that will be the next mod...

Let me know what you think of the Whiteline sways...not too many other peeps on here have them and I'd like a set as they were great on my '02 GT...

I have the Whiteline sways w/the Kartboy endlinks and they are great. I've been running them on the softest setting for now and I also run the whiteline roll center and AVO offset LCA Bushings.

I do a lot of track events, so I'm looking forward to testing it out next weekend at Pocono and Watkins Glen.

You can see all the mods on my car and some track pictures at: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109651

-mike

• 1 month later...
I'm doing the Whiteline kit on Sat. I'll let you know what I think. I figured it was good $$$ spent as I already needed new ball joints and the tie-rod ends seemed like a good idea for our lowered suspention geometry

I'm lowered on Tein Flexs', Cusco F&R braces, and AVO Offset LCAs...no sways yet but that will be the next mod...

Let me know what you think of the Whiteline sways...not too many other peeps on here have them and I'd like a set as they were great on my '02 GT...

Impressions of the Whiteline kit?

I ordered my kit from Fred Beans yesterday afternoon and recieved it just now (less than 24 hours!, cant beat that) Too bad I wont have time to install it for 2 weeks or so. I will post my pains of install as well as my driving impressions when I do.

I installed the Whiteline ROCK last weekend along with the AVO LCA bushings and I'm very happy with the results.

I am currently dropped on Cobb springs and felt that before the kit install there was a lot to be desired in the overall balance of the suspension, especially at the point of terminal understeer where the control arm seemed to be pulled into some unnatural positions due to the altered suspension geometry.

The bushings did a great job of tightening the steering feel and improving tracking, but I think the ROCK is what really made a difference in improving the rotation of the car and all but eliminating much of the body roll that was still noticeable after the spring install. Bump steer is reduced significantly as well.

I'll be taking the LGT to Lime Rock on the 15th of June so I'll have a chance to really test it out. Hopefully the issues that plagued the Whiteline kit early in its release have been fixed with the revised ball joint design. I've been following the nasioc threads and after putting some punishment on the suspension over the last week the ball joint remains firmly in place.

VERY happy with my Roll-Center/Bump-steer kit and Offset AVO LCA bushings...Takes all the wandering out of the steering now that I've put the 19s back on...Just a bit more NVH but that may be the 19s too...;)

And YES, you do need to align the car afterwards...especially if you do the LCA bush.

Also you'd need to do the alignment due to the tie rod ends being different as well.

NVH is up for me, but I also have Group N Motor Mounts, and a bunch of other kartboy and whiteline bushings installed as well.

-mike

I just put in the Whiteline roll ctr and AVO LCAs and was amazed and how much better the car handles larger bumps, railroad tracks, etc, in everyday driving. I think the whole system really properly aligns the suspension. Hitting the track in a few days.

Guys,

I did some searching but couldn't find anything about this. I'm reading a bit about the Whiteline Roll-Center & Bump-Steer Kit and am not sure if it's something I should do or not.

My car is lowered (K-Sport Coilovers) and I'm already putting on Whiteline front/rear sways and Perrin endlinks. I'm also going to do a short throw shifter (I track my car quite a lot). Thoughts? Good upgrade? Anyone done it?

-Ross

Required for lowered suspenisions. Works like a charm.

Car tracks better, inceased Gee's on corners, much more stable on bumpy turns.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

how difficult of an install is it? anyone make a walk through. i'm assuming you dont need to align the car afterwards?

Easy if you can get the tie rod ends out of the hub assembly(aka steering knuckle). The assembly is cast and a frozen tie rod can lead to a broken part.

Suggest you spray the outer rod end with lots of penetrating oil a couple of days before you have the work done.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I just did a suspension change as well. AVO LCA bushings and changed from Swifts springs on stock dampers to IONS with Koni's. Surprised at how much the front end changed. Basically did what I expected the front sway bar would do (but didn't). Stright line stability especially at higher speed greatly improved. Reminds me of a BMW suspension . NVH is up but well tolerable . I can feel bumps that used to get soaked up before. There is always a trade off . Whiteline RC kit up next. Tracking the car this weekend and really looking forward to surprising some STi's out there.

Required for lowered suspenisions. Works like a charm.

Car tracks better, inceased Gee's on corners, much more stable on bumpy turns.

Lowered on bilsteins and pinks. Recommend if only a daily driver?

Lowered on bilsteins and pinks. Recommend if only a daily driver?

Absolutely, that is just what my wagon is, despite the mods:lol:

My mechanic's comment, after the installation was that the car tracked and steered German . IMHO, it was one of the best mods I had done to the suspension.And I only lowered it by about an inch.

Next up is Whiteline caster bits that increase the caster. A must for even better tracking.

Absolutely, that is just what my wagon is, despite the mods:lol:

My mechanic's comment, after the installation was that the car tracked and steered German . IMHO, it was one of the best mods I had done to the suspension.And I only lowered it by about an inch.

Next up is Whiteline caster bits that increase the caster. A must for even better tracking.

+1, mine is a DD as well and as conrny as it sounds the ROCK gave me a 'connection' to the car that I did not feel before. One of the first things I thought to myself after installing is 'this feels like a Bimmer'. I had to let my friends drive it so they didn't think I was full of s*&t:lol:

The install is SUPER easy! All you need is a jack, stands, and normal hand tools. The hardest part will be getting the old Ball joints out without breaking anything...

Archived