LegacyGT.com

Browns Gas? For better MPG! Tuning?

rice_rocket

nonsense

Dude air is 20.95% oxygen not 23.x whatever bs you were spewing... You already admitted you're no chemistry expert so stop posting your bs. You sound like a high school student.

Now somebody post quickly so i can unsubscribe.

lol

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, it's threads like these that separate the boys (mwiener, BAC5.2, rao) from the men... the men being the guys that rarely post that probably have higher education levels than those spewing bs.

I'm not arguing one way or the other, but what I can decipher from this thread is that BAC5.2 has a high school education in chemistry, mweiner has a masters in run-around arguments (like a lawyer) and rao has a Ph.D in sarcasm.

Congrats to you all for turning a pontentially useful thread into an all but certain locked thread.

lol

qimen - you basically just said that all we need to do is put a sail on our cars. That would actually work, unlike an HHO generator on a car.

COP was coined by the EPA and the Refrigeration industry to help sell refrigeration units. You are trying to apply it to physics in an ridiculous manner. The wind is the source of the energy. The sun powers the wind. It all has to come from somewhere. There may be enough energy in a gallon of water to power a car, but an HHO generator on that same car cannot convert it into a usable form in a usable quantity to power that same car with any noticeable gain.

dr_sharp - there was never anything useful in this thread. It was doomed before the OP hit submit.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

COP was coined by the EPA and the Refrigeration industry to help sell refrigeration units. You are trying to apply it to physics in an ridiculous manner. The wind is the source of the energy. The sun powers the wind. It all has to come from somewhere. There may be enough energy in a gallon of water to power a car, but an HHO generator on that same car cannot convert it into a usable form in a usable quantity to power that same car with any noticeable gain.

I think you need to catch up on your wikipedia reading. COP is in there ;)

dr_sharp - there was never anything useful in this thread. It was doomed before the OP hit submit.

Funny, I will quote you again, mr. Lawyer.

Funny how you have no comment on the 5 other things I shot you down on which were alot more relevant than open or closed system.
lol

To OP and qiman:

Don't let these fools discredit you. They are upset because their education doesn't allow them to understand what you are saying. They have been the leaders of this forums for a long while - they are upset that something new and unfamiliar could make these cars better. They are experts at replacing parts and torquing bolts, and for that I applaud them. But they are not open to change. Many of us can easily relate to this in our everyday lives and jobs.

And once again, I am not siding on either fence at the moment. I don't fully understand what qiman is saying either, but at least I don't bombard the thread with sarcasm and misinformation to the point of closure.

lol

This has nothing to do with the forum or even cars. It's basic science. qiman is talking about stuff that is not basic at all and most of which is theory.

It also has nothing to do with openness. I would be more than happy to except that this stuff worked, but it doesn't. Time after time this stuff is proven wrong. Parts of the idea are correct, but as a whole it just doesn't work.

If this did work, you would have small automakers (think Tesla) spitting out refined working HHO models with 50+mpg cars. I don't see them. All I see are a handful of people playing with these things and most likely doing some form of damage to their car. They claim gains, but cannot prove without a shadow of a doubt that the HHO was the source of the gain. Most claimed gains are in the 2-3 mpg.

I can get 10mpg better out of my car if I drove it differently. I can prove that without a shadow of a doubt.

edit: since when was wikipedia a creditable source?

double edit:

coefficient of performance 

–noun Thermodynamics .

a constant that denotes the efficiency of a refrigerator, expressed as the amount of heat removed from a substance being refrigerated divided by the amount of work necessary to remove the heat. Abbreviation: COP

Dictionary.com Unabridged

Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2011.

triple edit:

first line on the wikipedia page for COP "The coefficient of performance or COP (sometimes CP), of a heat pump is the ratio of the change in heat at the "output" (the heat reservoir of interest) to the supplied work."

A heat pump is a REFRIGERATOR running backwards!!!!

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

This has nothing to do with the forum or even cars. It's basic science. qiman is talking about stuff that is not basic at all and most of which is theory.

Its not basic science, otherwise you and others would understand it.

Hydrogen is frowned upon by the industry because it is not safe. How many hydrogen cars are out there? Why would any automaker want to generate hydrogen and draw attention? Common sense, mr. lawyer.

lol

The fact that both BAC5.2 and I are on the same side should say something here too

There is truth here. What were the four horsemen again? I hope we didn't just doom humanity over something as stupid as "HHO".

As for education, I think it's clear that Dr. Sharp is kidding. Of the three of us, Rao has the degree in sarcasm so maybe he can tell.

If he isn't kidding, tonight must have been scotch-and-robitussin night at the ole' Sharp house.

This thread is so much wrong, it is ridiculous. I think it goes without saying that anyone who seriously calls water "HHO" is about to say something stupid.

To those who believe his argument, you realize you are being schooled on non-equilibrium thermodynamics by a person who doesn't understand word wrapping, right?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

If he isn't kidding, tonight must have been scotch-and-robitussin night at the ole' Sharp house.

I don't own a house, not in this economy - you see I make the right decisions based on all the information around me - isn't that crazy :lol:

This thread is so much wrong, it is ridiculous. I think it goes without saying that anyone who seriously calls water "HHO" is about to say something stupid. To those who believe his argument, you realize you are being schooled on non-equilibrium thermodynamics by a person who doesn't understand word wrapping, right?

Good argument, especially considering that even mwiener called your BS earlier in the thread...

BAC2.5 - you're right, it doesn't work. but the book long gibberish you just posted is so far off....

first line on the wikipedia page for COP "The coefficient of performance or COP (sometimes CP), of a heat pump is the ratio of the change in heat at the "output" (the heat reservoir of interest) to the supplied work."

A heat pump is a REFRIGERATOR running backwards!!!!

Keep reading; you'll get there. ;)

And you suck at posting

Perhaps... but may I present the evidence:

The sun powers the wind. It all has to come from somewhere.
lol

Subscribing because I am taking thermodynamics next semester.

Ugh. Unsubscribe. This thread will do nothing for you.

This thread is a waste of Internet. I will pm BMX so funny pics can be posted, and we can all move on.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Ugh. Unsubscribe. This thread will do nothing for you.

This thread is a waste of Internet. I will pm BMX so funny pics can be posted, and we can all move on.

Wait... don't you have an important point to prove? About something related to chemistry? :lol:

lol

I like ceiling cats and demotivational poster that have pretty ladies in therm, usually in their underwear.

Quickly, add more nonsense to the thread so that it gets locked and your idiocy remains hidden... :lol:

Or just admit you may be wrong... :eek:

Mods, could you please delete the random posts, and leave the thread open? :)

lol

I like ceiling cats and demotivational poster that have pretty ladies in therm, usually in their underwear.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/1postednote_To_Self.jpg

Archived