LegacyGT.com

ebay intake box mod.....thinger ???

seanrose

ive been looking around on ebay for a good price on a imprezza intake to mod my stock intake with. what do you guys think of this design?

think i could get it to work with some elbow grease and some tuff love..:lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-01-SUBARU-IMPREZA-AIR-INTAKE-FILTER-00-2-2L-2-5L-RS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem110359752600QQitemZ110359752600QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Looks like a waste of $30.99 to me. Aftermarket intake manufacturers spend thousands on R&D making intakes for our cars and they still can't get it right. No way some redneck engineering and a cheap cone filter are going do it.

What kind of car/engine do you have?

It looks like it would work with the EJ22 from a Legacy, but I'm not sure about a 2.5. It says it does, but as far as performance.... meh. There are so many companies out there who spit out parts for a dime a dozen just to sell em' on Ebay and make bank off unsuspecting customers. Like those "+100HP +100ft/LBS +40MPG SUPERCHIPS" or those electric superchargers. They're all scams. This one is a bit more legit just because it's an actual bolt on part (As opposed to some cheap placebo). The filter is probably too cheap to stand up to the elements, and the aluminum is probably 5052 marine grade aluminum, as opposed to higher quality aircraft grade 6061 or 7075 ($$$).

i am far from about to bolt that on run rich and blow my motor from cylender wash.

alot of the na 2.5i guys replace the intake tubing after the maf to replace the stock restrictive tubing unlike a cold air it doesnt thow the mafv out of wack in the low rpm since the hemholt (sp) resonator is still intact. allready am dropping in a avo panel filter. ill try and find the thread from nasioc.

*edit* I was gunna fix my grammar after typing this one handed trying to fend off the misses as shes watching the notebook.

but decided this would suffice. girlfriends+ the notebook = unwanted cuddling .

Looks like a waste of $30.99 to me. Aftermarket intake manufacturers spend thousands on R&D making intakes for our cars and they still can't get it right. No way some redneck engineering and a cheap cone filter are going do it.

Yeah, and a couple of Chinese guys can copy it 99% accurate; naturally with cheaper materials. Honestly, find one that mirrors a name brand one and stick a K&N filter on it. I'll bet the dyno, real and/or butt shows no difference.

That said, I would still shell out for the name brand one because I'm vain like that:p

Archived