LegacyGT.com

Need some advice

I've been toying around with the idea of picking up some stuff for my daily driver 07 Spec B. I had an 05 sti that I worked over pretty nicely and would like to get this car into the same " fun to drive " bracket. Im looking to do the following, catless TBE, Short throw, trans mount and bushings, FMIC, Cobb AP v2, Boost gauge, Springs, Saw Bars, tune. What companies have reasonable prices on these and builds a quality product? I see that cobb doesn't have any hardene bushings, shifter, or trans mount for the legacy, so who else makes em? Im looking for a cat back that' not crazy loud, but does give a nice rumble, so whats the best bet? The ebay system, or one like the cobb? I ran an ebay Tusdo on my STI and it was just as well made as any high dollar HKS system. Whos got the best riding springs and sways out there? I have the bilstine shocks with aluminum control arms so its sporty as is, but needs alittle kick around the corners and needs to be dropped a bit. Hows the ebay FMIC system, any horror stories? As with anything, money is an issue, and I really don't want to blow my bank account on high dollar parts. Im just looking to turn this borning daily driver into something that keeps up with my buddys STI. Any feed back from you guys is great.

Oh, and just for Ha Ha's, heres my old sti after the tune and racing a mini bike we found on the side of the road.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/My-STI-2-Stepin_140994.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/the-race-to-end-all-races_124863.htm

I'm running an 07 SpecB as well.

Running Swift springs which have a pretty big drop. Definitely a stiff ride with a big drop. If that's what you want then Swifts are the way to go. Something a little less aggressive are STi Pinks. Smaller drop and a little less stiff.

Running Cobb sways and GroupA endlinks. Absolutely love the setup.

Have a Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings for the SpecB. Also running the GroupN tranny mount that was just installed after upgrading the OEM clutch.

As for turbo back ...... Cobb is pricey but one of the best. Great sound, fitment and finish. Problem is that you pay. Also read lots of good things about the Invidia DP.

Look around on the Member Classified section of the forum. There are often members doing huge partouts and you can get some good deals.

As for Vendors on the forum +1 for Jeremy at FredBeansParts.

Good luck.

I'm still enjoying my STI tranny mount in my 05GT, tightens the car up on high RPM shifts.

I can feel the difference.

Cobb even told me the Kartboy STS was a good one. I'm not happy with my OEM STS.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah Ive herd the cobb online and I love the way it sounds, I think that's what Im going to go for. Of course im a Craigslist man, and I will be searching for used parts here and there. Whats the deal with the discontinuement of the cobb stuff? I didn't know they where going to clear out their exhaust stuff too. I saw back in the day they had the double adjustable STS on their page, but now its gone. I had a cobb STS on my 05 sti and I liked it, but yesterday I put a kartboy in my buddys 05 STI and that was great too. Im going to gun for the sways, springs and end links some time next month. How low does your car sit font's ? My 07 Spec B is my daily driver, and my only concern is being to low to the ground and dragging all over the place. If you could post a quick pic up so I could get an idea.

Honestly, im only 20, so I can still beat the sh!t out of my kidneys for a few more years. If this rode like an Amish stage coach I wouldn't mind. My 68 camaro with hotchkiss suspension seams fine to me, and thats solid axle with leaf springs in the rear.

Anyone of you guys running the Virsion 2 cobb AP? I just bought one and will be picking it up this friday. I had one on my old STI and it was great, just wondering if I can expect the same on the legacy.

full tbe is next on my list, I've got an intake and turbo xs bov ( got for free and its full recirculating, not vent to atmosphere ) so once I find someone parting out an exhaust, ill jump on it.

Fun stuff, Legdude. I better hurry up and get my turbo upgrade done, you're catching up to me!

I really like the Pink springs with the Bilsteins. You actually get a more comfortable ride than stock, better cornering, and a nice aesthetic drop. Get the AT springs for a spec.B because of the extra weight of the 6mt and R180 rear end (to avoid saggy butt syndrome). I have the AVO rear sway and bracket reinforcers, they help make the car slightly rear-biased (if you like that kind of thing). If you want to keep it as neutral as possible, you could go with the JDM rsb, which is slightly less stiff.

I've got loads of other stuff going on, but the only other things I would say I wouldn't go without are an aftermarket TMIC and braking upgrades (just ss lines, pads, fluid). For the TMIC, you're going to see better gains with that than the cat-back section of your exhaust. Your options are AVO or Perrin, and I'd go with AVO because it will let you keep your engine cover.

The SPT chassis brace is a nice addition, but you could easily go with the Cusco or AVO models and be just as happy.

PS - If you can get e85 in your area, I'd highly recommend a tune for it. It's a kick!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I'de like to eventually, key word is eventually, get an 07 sti turbo, injectors, top mount, and manifold, then gut the tumblers and get a protune. I live in NY now and we dont have an abundance of e85 here, however I'll be moving out to seattle this summer so they might have it more there then here in NY. Im not looking to go crazy with my Legacy, I just want to make this something that I really enjoy driving everyday, and that keeps my interested. I also own a 1968 camaro, thats my Real toy / project car, the legacy is just my DD. I'de like the end result to be 300 - 340 to the wheels with a bit more agressive handling.

I need to do a tune up on the legacy sometime soon, where can I get a trans mount and stainless brake lines for my car? I plan on taking a day and knocking out a bunch of things oil, pads, shifter, blah blah blah.

I'd check with the Seattle gang directly, but I think the closest e85 station for them is down here in Oregon.

But I'll give you a premature "Welcome!" to the PNW. You'll love it here!

Oh, I don't get near the Bacon Explosion, Sean. Thus my warning...

And check out the PNW board. Us Portland types are weak sauce compared to the Puget Sound group.

Archived