LegacyGT.com

08 LGT + SPT CBE = what springs???

captainhook

Well, for those bothered by the visual effect of fender gaps it is a pretty easy fix to use the shims in the back. This is a better solution than getting springs in the back that are too stiff or not matched well with the fronts. I sure woulddn't be selecting springs based on the aesthetics...

Having lived in San Diego for 30 years and now living back in New York I can validate that the roads in So Cal are NOT rough. Nothing even close to New England. So what works in So Cal carries little weight for cars here. I think Underdogs car looks Sick! But, I understand that it is too low (with no travel) for the roads in his area. Same goes for Captainhooks car since he lives in NJ, too low is a no no. After changing my springs, struts and top hats my car was not level at the chassis. I broke down and installed the "saggy butt shims". This leveled my car nicely (aesthetically) and has so far not negatively effected my performance. I did however get the AVO rear under body braces to add a little support just in case. My car is a daily driver too, so how it looks is important to me, and I realize that as much as I want to drive a race car everyday, I cant.

Ha sprank! you should drive through LA everyday at 80 mph and tell me the roads are smooth !! But New England is a whole different level of rough !

Underdog's car does look sick !

If you're keeping the rear height stock (14.4" fender-arch height per the specs) then you only need to drop the front .6" to have equal fender-arch heights (front is 15" per spec)

Out of curiosity, where are these specs at?

Having lived in San Diego for 30 years and now living back in New York I can validate that the roads in So Cal are NOT rough. Nothing even close to New England. So what works in So Cal carries little weight for cars here. I think Underdogs car looks Sick! But, I understand that it is too low (with no travel) for the roads in his area. Same goes for Captainhooks car since he lives in NJ, too low is a no no. After changing my springs, struts and top hats my car was not level at the chassis. I broke down and installed the "saggy butt shims". This leveled my car nicely (aesthetically) and has so far not negatively effected my performance. I did however get the AVO rear under body braces to add a little support just in case. My car is a daily driver too, so how it looks is important to me, and I realize that as much as I want to drive a race car everyday, I cant.

Thanks! I agree completely with regard to ride height being a region-specific variable. I just got back from a roadtrip in New Mexico (not with the Legacy unfortunately) and I was spoiled by the pristine roads.

Also, having gone from stock -> koni/swifts -> RCE Tarmacs I can tell you that the ride height and spring rate seems to make a much bigger difference than the rake. I can compare apples-to-apples tomorrow after I go from my current stance of -.87"F/-1.15"R (which means the front fender is .88" higher than the rear... ready for take-off) to -1.25"F/-.4"R which gives me a .25" forward rake, like the Swifts had.

The drop with Swifts (in the pic above) was -2.13"F/-1.5"R by the way.

*edit* Also, the stock rake is -.6", so you can imagine my current .88" negative rake looks ridiculous.

Archived