LegacyGT.com

Did you buy your LGT new or used?

Did you buy your Legacy new or used?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Did you buy your Legacy new or used?

• New, from the dealership
    • Used, from the dealership
    • Used, from a private seller
    • Both, I bought a new one and used one
    • Neither, I dont own a legacy and not sure why I'm here.
    • I stole my car, no exchange of $$ was involved.

Bought mine new from the stealership. Only had 6 miles on it! Only thing I wished it had was the wing! Now I am saving up to get a factory wing installed on it, so it can give the car more character.

What color is your car? Might be able to find a local on here who will trade you. Save yourself some money that way.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What color is your car? Might be able to find a local on here who will trade you. Save yourself some money that way.

+1

People will trade, or you could go with an aftermarket spoiler from the classifieds here. Save yourself tons of $$$ over what a dealership might try to charge you..

I'd be curious to know what a dealership would quote parts and labor for a factory spoiler install? I bet it would be laughable..

My car is that Quick Silver color. I am not interested in a aftermarket wing. I want to keep my car looking clean. The factory wing makes the car look aggressive yet civil in my opinion. :)

The dealership I bought my car at is Herb Gordon (Mile One) Subaru. I paid 3K under MSRP (29K to 26K). So they gave me a good deal. The wing comes painted at $350. As far as labor, it is a two hour job at $80/hour; $160 is what I am assuming it will be. Though that was just a rush job quote. I do not know how much it would actually be.

Where is the forum to purchase used parts? I could definitely enjoy saving money for my planned mods to convert my car for AutoX (and also use for the road).

Bought used from private seller ... (from a member on this forum)

I just searched the marketplace, no wing that I was looking for (factory GT wing for USDM cars). However, I saw the lip wings and really like the wing with the rear brake light. That looks really nice!

Thanks Boozer!

Bought my Legacy used as Hell 145K on the odometer when I got her I believe. about 149K on her now. I got her for $700 and put about $750 into her in parts. Struts, exhaust, intake, CV shaft, a rod end, alignment, spark plugs, wires, fender, tail light, tons and tons of Bondo, Pioneer speakers, and some other stuff I'm forgetting. She's gonna need the gas tank dropped so I can patch a leak right on the top. She's also gonna need all 4 brakes soon. Hopefully I'll be able to do a tranny flush around the same time.

Impressive, among current respondents its nearly 50:50, slightly in favor of new car buyers, but not by much. Would be nice if more ppl replied to the poll, would like to get larger numbers before making any blanket statements.

Used 08 Spec B from a member in St Louis. I bought it with some 16k miles and by the end of the following weekend it had 18k miles on it.

Oh, and I am the third owner. I think the person before me got it used from the dealer. And the person before that, probably new.

Archived