LegacyGT.com

Happy 420!!

instantfury

Known 420 Myths

Police dispatch code for smoking pot is 420.

The number 420 is not police radio code for anything, anywhere. Checks of criminal codes suggest that the origin is neither Californian nor federal. For instance, California Penal Code 420 defines as a misdemeanor the hindrance of use of public lands.

There are approximately 420 active chemicals in marijuana.

Actually, there are approximately 315 active chemicals in marijuana. This number goes up and down depending on which plant is used.

April 20th is National Pot Smokers Day.

Well, it is now :) ; but that wasn't the origin.

April 20th is Hitler's birthday.

Yes, it is his birthday. But, as 420 started out as a time, not a date, his birthday had nothing to do with it.

The date of the Columbine school shootings.

This happened after the term was already in use.

4:20 is tea time for pot-smokers in Holland.

Tea time in Holland is at 5:30 pm, or is it 2:30 pm? Seems no one is quite sure when the wonderful people of Holland drink their tea.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We in the medical field go by national practice standards and "pot" is not used a lot anymore for cancer. Mostly for glaucoma. There are some Dr. that still use it, but not many anymore. Im not trying to stir something up, but lets get some fact straight.

:lol:

How did I know that the moral police would come out of their closet to preach....badly.

Good post platinum. I'm pretty sure that all the smoking my wife did helped her with her brain tumor beyond easing nausea. No proof obviously, but I read that report and was amazed having been through that with her.

I sorry your wife had or has a brain tumor. The smoking only took the pain away. The meds that she was on did 99.9% of the work to help with the tumor. That is why you hear of people having chemo and radiation instead of "oh just go and smoke this and you will be better".

Known 420 Myths

Police dispatch code for smoking pot is 420.

The number 420 is not police radio code for anything, anywhere. Checks of criminal codes suggest that the origin is neither Californian nor federal. For instance, California Penal Code 420 defines as a misdemeanor the hindrance of use of public lands.

There are approximately 420 active chemicals in marijuana.

Actually, there are approximately 315 active chemicals in marijuana. This number goes up and down depending on which plant is used.

April 20th is National Pot Smokers Day.

Well, it is now :) ; but that wasn't the origin.

April 20th is Hitler's birthday.

Yes, it is his birthday. But, as 420 started out as a time, not a date, his birthday had nothing to do with it.

The date of the Columbine school shootings.

This happened after the term was already in use.

4:20 is tea time for pot-smokers in Holland.

Tea time in Holland is at 5:30 pm, or is it 2:30 pm? Seems no one is quite sure when the wonderful people of Holland drink their tea.

Who cares? Can't pot heads have one day every year of peace to smoke their bud without straightedges and cops attacking them?

People can be accepting of race, religion, sexual preferance, nationality, but if someone smokes pot the world comes crashing down and they suddenly no longer matter?

I'm just saying, its a choice for individuals to make. Like all other choices, its one that should be silently respected, even if someone doesn't agree.

Before somebody mentions coke or heroin, remember other drugs are different. There are no physical addictions associated with marijuana and the long term effects of its use have less consequences than smoking cigarettes. I've f$%#@ up my body in many ways when I was younger, and marijuana is the only one I don't feel bad about (Unless I think about how much money I spent on it). Its time to live and let live.

We in the medical field are in the poket of drug corporations and "pot" is not a moneymaker for us.

Fixored!

Give me pot anyday, I dont even take tylenol or ibuprofen (its horrible for you liver\stomach\kidneys).

Infamous Tuned

This is what is wrong with the world today. TOOO MaNNNy POt Heads.What dumb ass retard came up with the 420 anyways. It dosn't stand for pot smoking in the first place.

:rolleyes: Funny I thought what was wrong with the world today was too many judgemental, close-minded people making decisions for everyone else.

Fixored!

Give me pot anyday, I dont even take tylenol or ibuprofen (its horrible for you liver\stomach\kidneys).

Hate to tell you but ibuprofen and tylenol are not the same thing and tylenol is not hard on your stomach/liver and does not function in the same way. People who have gastrointestinal issues often can ONLY take tylenol, I know from personal experience. Ibuprofen = impossible for me to take no matter what.

I sorry your wife had or has a brain tumor. The smoking only took the pain away. The meds that she was on did 99.9% of the work to help with the tumor. That is why you hear of people having chemo and radiation instead of "oh just go and smoke this and you will be better".

:rolleyes:Typical western medicine B.S. Take into account quality of life and desire to live and say the same thing again. You can't.

:rolleyes:Hate to tell you but ibuprofen and tylenol are not the same thing and tylenol is not hard on your stomach/liver and does not function in the same way. People who have gastrointestinal issues often can ONLY take tylenol, I know from personal experience. Ibuprofen = impossible for me to take no matter what.

I knew they were different and I do not take either one.

And I was just saying, generally taking one or the other for pronlongd periods or in large doses is bad for your organs and thats just over the counter meds. Back in the day I was pre-med, have studied, done research and come from a family with lots of doctors. Tylenol is generally bad for your lliver and respitory system etc. Ibuprofin\(aka Advil) is bad for your liver, stomach, can cause renal failure I could go on but point is pot has none of these side effects.

I also realize people have needs for pain management, cures etc and these and presription drugs have their place to. :soap_box:

Sorry everyone, I'll get off now.

I do take an occaisonal low dose aspirin for heart health but thats it.

Infamous Tuned

I also realize people have needs for pain management, cures etc and these and presription drugs have their place to. :soap_box:

Like Vicodin and Oxy's....... :lol:

Seriously, though, I don't do that shit anymore. Nobody ever should (Unless prescribed by a doctor of course). Except for a beer or two on weekdays and a few more on the weekend I'm straightedge again.

Personally I think they should prescribe pot instead of these drugs, as the effect is similar (Relieves pain) and pot isn't physically addicting. You never hear of anyone going through pot withdrawals. Sure, someone might be jonesin' because their connect is dry, but nobody ever lost sleep or got the shakes from quitting the reefer. Plus, the side effects are much more severe with narcotic pain medication. Pot just makes more sense to me than giving people hard, addicting narcotics. Then again, what do I know... I'm no doctor.

I use to smoke a lot a couple years ago, among other bad things....

An ounce a week at most actually. Then down to about 1/2 ounce before I quit.

I don't anymore because once I got into trouble with the law over alcohol a second time I was put on drug and alcohol screening and once I got off I just never picked up the habit again. Plus I save so much money now its almost disgusting.

But how can you say that people who smoke pot are "dumb ass retards?" I know you weren't directly referring to pot heads, but I get the impression that you think that. They are people, and they are everywhere. The people who serve you fast food, bag your groceries, fix your cars, your co-workers, distant friends, young kids and elderly people alike in all walks of life. Even the people manufacturing and inspecting helicopter jet engine parts (My employer). Pot heads are everywhere, literally EVERYWHERE. You can't leave your house or go to any public place without seeing somebody who's either high, or someone who smokes pot. I guarantee you see about 20 people (Depending on the population of where you live) who consider themselves pot smokers everytime you leave your house.... On the roads, in the stores, at work... EVERYWHERE. And you'd never know... It never crosses your mind. Even people on this forum... Why? Because you can't tell. How can you hate something that you're oblivious too? Even lawyers and doctors smoke pot. The life of the stoner knows no boundaries......

Its time to put your pre-conceived notions behind you. Its becoming decriminalized in more and more states around the country. Pot smokers represent a MUCH larger portion of the population than you think, and you'd never even notice... Why hate? If every employer in the country one day decided to give out mandatory drug tests for all employees nationwide the unemployment rate would skyrocket to over 50% overnight...... Literally.

GREAT POST Reminds me of that fight club line in the bathroom.... Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... **** with us.

Personally I think they should prescribe pot instead of these drugs, as the effect is similar (Relieves pain) and pot isn't physically addicting.

I think poo-poo'ing other drugs or trying to say marijuana is better is silly. Everything has it's use when used appropriately. Unfortunately, western medicine is more concerned with treating the condition than the patient so we end up with a pill'd out nation. I have some pretty serious injuries from getting T-boned by a drunk while riding a motorcycle and live with constant pain. Marijuana is not a great pain reliever and should not be compared to vicodine, coedine, etc. Pills work great for pain but destroy everything else about you along with way. Pills are a great SHORT term answer for pain while healing but a terrible answer to chronic (long term) pain as they will become more of a problem than whatever is causing the pain. Marijuana is okay for light pain relief but certainly would not do for post-op surgery.;) What it does for me when I am in a lot of pain is take the edge off and more importantly, adjust my attitude about being in pain to being with.

Next time one of my arms is hanging from my body I hope they give me something stronger than marijuana for the pain and I don't mean hash:p

No offense taken and no apology required. I never suggested it did anything more than take some of the pain away and make her comfortable. Never... You REALLY fail at this debate. :lol: There was one study that said maybe MJ helped BT patients... but it doesn't matter, that's not my argument for the stuff in any way shape for form. I smoked for years and years before she got sick, and will continue to for years and years after. People like you don't realize that YOUR ******* lawyer, doctor, accountant etc. are "potheads" too! Talk about head in the clouds. You will say and think "no they are not, I can tell", but you can't. I promise you can't. I've seen them from every walk of life to smoke regularly. Know what?.....JUST like people from every walk of life DRINK regularly. You can't prohibit drug use and expect that to work. The forbidden fruit will always win in our society. EDUCATE, MODERATE AND CONTROL, not prohibit. :spin:

I think ALL drugs should be legal. ALL of them. Let PEOPLE decide what is right for them. We've been doing it for tens of thousands of years before modern laws etc. and that behavior has gotten us this far. Right?!? Our species as a whole is fine with MJ and other drugs. Its' your BELIEFS that get in the way and put people in jail, make criminals, feed money to drug dealers etc. The war on drugs is a ******* fairly tale. The war stops the second our .gov simply decides to stop fighting it. But too many jobs depend on putting people into jail, filling prisons, lining the pockets of the crooked and immoral, so the war goes on ruining thousands upon thousands of peoples lives.....over... .taking some drug so they can get high. Just listen to that. Ridiculous is the only word that comes to my mind. So long as someone isn't harming anyone else, I could give a rats red ass what they put in their own body. And neither should you or anyone else. :spin:

A good quote from Joe Rogan;

"Some people decide to jump of bridges to end their own life. Do we outlaw bridges now?"

Prohibition is not the way.

So long as someone isn't harming anyone else, I could give a rats red ass what they put in their own body. And neither should you or anyone else. :spin:

Gmoe I agree that prohibition is not the way. Decriminilization is the way.

MAKE ALL DRUGS LEGAL? We can't... I really want to agree with you, but have not thought this through all the way. Ex: Do you know why motorcycle helmets are required by law? Tax payers shouldn't be financially responsible because some moron rides around without a helmet, crashs and becomes a vegetable sipping at the pocket of the gov't for the rest of their life wearing diapers on the shortbus. The same the can be argued for a lot of illegal substances.

I have buried a few young friends because of their heavy drug use (heroine, methamphetimine) and I cannot agree with "all drugs should be legal". Decriminilization I am all for but that is a bit different than "I could give a rats ass..." go ahead and sell whatever drugs people what over the counter (viva MEXICO! Perdon, donde esta la pharmacia por favor?)

In a country that tobacco and alcohol are legal it is absolutely madness not to have legal marijuana and a tragic waste of taxpayer money to criminalize it.:spin:We are spending our play/fun money paying taxes so that "the man" can arrest weed smokers. Pretty strange cycle if you ask me. My 2c

Alot of states have lifted the helmet law for motorcycles. If you're gonna go down, better to lose than to end up badly broken.

Really not trying to be argumentative but... I was T boned by a drunk on my motorcycle. I would ABSOLUTELY be dead if not for my full face DOT and snell helmet. I cracked the helmet. If I followed your advice I'd be dead. And I was badly broken (1/2" shorter, couple of fused spine, stage 3 step deformity of clavicle, pins, etc). Took YEARS to get mostly recovered.

You are seriously suggesting that I am better off dead???

Anyway, its not 4/20 anymore, I'm over this thread.

Archived