LegacyGT.com

Trans cooler recall.

GTTuner

Anyone here who had a trans cooler install done and followed the install instructions posted here on the forum, your car has been "GT-recalled".

The destructions here state to reuse the factory spring clamp on the factory line and use it to connect the hose to the brass fitting.

DO not reuse this clamp. It is not "robust" enough to hold that line down on the brass fitting. Throw it out and use a gear clamp. I actually found a EFI fuel line clamp that works better and does not cut into the hose when tightened. My suggestion is no worm clamps and use genuine EFI clamps.

Paul

it might. after the rain is gone and your car has a chance to dry, feel the bottom of the undertray DIRECTLY in front of the driver's side front wheel (basically right under the battery, but on the bottom of the car) and check if you have any ATF there. mine was red, but the shop i brought my car for the 30k put valvoline in it...dunno if all ATF's are red.

the brass nipple right in front of the battery was leaking and dripping ever so slowly down into that area. my ATF level never really changed, but there was always fluid on that undertray and sometimes on the ground below it from dripping.

same as you, TruCool LPD 4454

I could not SEE any fluid in my engine bay at all, but it was there. I'd feel around the area where the brass nipple is as well, theres a chance it might not be leaking enough to drip down to the undertray.

well then. i will have a look today then. this is directly under the battery you say? i remember checking all the hoses, clamps, connections about a week after paul installed mine (top and bottom) and everything looked secure and clean. i look around when i'm doing stuff under the hood, but not a *real* look.

will keep you posted.

well then. i will have a look today then. this is directly under the battery you say? i remember checking all the hoses, clamps, connections about a week after paul installed mine (top and bottom) and everything looked secure and clean. i look around when i'm doing stuff under the hood, but not a *real* look.

will keep you posted.

Behind the dr fog light, the plastic undertray will have ATF drips if you have a leak.

Good find, I'm installing mine in the next week or two. Looks like I'll have to pick up some of the said clamps before that though. Should have 'em at Autozone or something right? Just ask for an EFI clamp? Anything else special?

(Tru-Cool 4451)

Good find, I'm installing mine in the next week or two. Looks like I'll have to pick up some of the said clamps before that though. Should have 'em at Autozone or something right? Just ask for an EFI clamp? Anything else special?

(Tru-Cool 4451)

some wire ties to hold the lines from hanging, a quart of fluid in case you loose alot. 5/16" EFI hose clamps. CRANK EM DOWN TIGHT and get some extras incase some strip out.

Archived