LegacyGT.com

ECUflash map won't load, stage II. Help please.

JonnyD3487

I installed my downpipe, uppipe, and a wideband last night and I thought I had everything ready for my stage II e-tune.

I was sent a file named v1.hex as the new tune. I connected the laptop to my car, opened ECU flash, everything is connected. I can "Read From ECU." But I can't upload any maps.

When I "open rom" and select "v1.hex" it says unknown ROM image. EcuFlash could not recognize this ROM using any of the current definitions.

Am I doing something wrong or what?

You should be able to open the ROM using ECU Flash or RomRaider and view the parameters. If you can't open it, then I definately wouldn't try and flash the car with it.

It sounds like the ROM you received mighty be corrupt. Make sure you have the latest ECU Flash program, the latest definitions, etc. and then try and read the ROM again.

I uninstalled ECUflash and reinstalled AGAIN. But this time I went and made sure that every file or folder that had to do with opensource or ecuflash was deleted.

When I reinstalled (did this the first time) it said it may have installed unsuccesfully. Before, I let windows do its thing and reinstall again. That must have been what was messing it up because I just clicked the button that said it was installed correctly, and it worked fine!

Archived