LegacyGT.com

First Gen Performance Parts...

Is there ANYWHERE to get performance parts for the 90-94 Legacy's? The best I can find is underpulley's which I'm not to crazy about. Ignition's seem to be a pain. Too bad too, I have an MSD Blaster ignition coil sitting in my basement that would've been awesome on this car if it wasn't for that primitive coilpack strapped to my intake manifold..... Oh well.

I've already got a short ram, Thrush muffler (Not the ricy kind...), and Bosch Platinum+2 plugs. I'd say all that combined adds about 1 or 2 HP...... :lol::lol:

She's well maintained... Fresh tranny flush with new filter, oil changes every 3K miles, new plug wires ect...

What about injectors? I was tinkering with the thought in my mind, but I'm not sure if the trade off with fuel economy would be worth it. What do you guys think. She's already a pig on gas as it is.

Also, instead of buying new oxygen sensors, do you guys think I'd be fine just removing mine and cleaning them with some oxygen sensor safe fuel injector cleaner. Maybe if I let them sit in it overnight and uses my air compressor to blow them off before reinstalling them would breath new life into them. What do you guys think?

First off, check here: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61712

Pretty much anything that bolts on to another EJ2x series non-turbo will work on your engine... What MSD coil is that? There is a popular mod for these engines involving a conversion to a MSD coil meant for a dodge neon, as long as yours works on wasted spark it should work.

Bigger injectors aren't going to do anything. Dumping more fuel into there will just mess things up, you only need them if you have more air coming in, ie a turbo.

Depending on how much cash you have, you can have cams reground for your motor by web cams or delta cams. I know delta also does head work as well.

About the oxygen sensors, I'd just get new ones. They're pretty cheap if you get them at Kragen or something.

It's a Blaster III. Same thing as a Blaster II only with a ballast resistor (Which I removed). http://twincamtech.stores.yahoo.net/msdblas3coil.html For some reason this website says the Blaster III doesn't have a ballast resistor, but it really does. The site has it backwards. If you don't believe me you can look up a Blaster II and see the difference. The Ballast resistor is the plastic thing on top with the heatsink-looking things.

I'd really like more info on the ignition mod. I really want to get this ignition coil on that motor. It did wonders in the last car it was in, and I want to see how it works on the Subie.

As far as that link goes, I'm gonna bookmark it since it's got a bunch of good info and some very good links, but I was hoping for first generation specific parts. Got any links for first gen parts?

Yeah, if I was gonna rebuild the motor I would definatly do all that and more (ARP studs, phase 2 SOHC heads with the narrow valve angle), custom headers and all that jazz... I was more interested in bolt ons. Like I said, if someone could find me some info on the ignition swap I'd greatly appreciate it.... :)

Archived