LegacyGT.com

Rotor w8s

havanisda

Any1 know what the weight differences are between Racing Brake, StopTech, DBA 4ks, etc. re:OEM sized rotors? R they all basically 5 lbs lighter per rotor vs. stock? TIA
Braille B2015, RBS grill, Borla CBE, Zero/Sports rad shroud, Hayden TC, Group A crank & alt pulley - Mike

• 2 months later...
OEM, StopTech, DBA...whatever. I wasn't thinking about 2-piece rotors - they would be overkill on my 'spirited daily driver.' Its more for curiosity than anything else. Of course cutting out some weight would be nice...

dont know the weights. but when i put on my DBA 4000XS, it felt like the dba fronts were heavier than stock, but the dba rears were lighter than stock

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

The DBA 4000 are heavier than stock. This is because they are THICKER which is better from a heat and durability standpoint. Lighter rotors are ok as long as it's not sacrificing heat capacity. This is why 2-pc rotors are so nice. The hats are extremely lightweight while the rotor itself is still beefy. On a spirited daily driver, I don't think you would notice a couple lb difference per rotor. Get whatever is the best value. I really like my DBAs but they might be slightly overkill for solely street use.

Archived