LegacyGT.com

Engine cover fitment

Anyone have any special tricks or tips to get my engine cover to fit properly? I can't get it aligned with all four holes to insert the plastic screws. Only three will fit; the one closest to the passenger seat is about 1/4 inch off.

Is it possible mine is warped somehow? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sometimes putting in the popits in, in a different order helps. I usually fasten the top first (closest to passenger and driver) and then work on the bottom two. If one hole is slightly off, make sure the plug in the popit is backed all the way out and the prongs are pushed together to fit into the hole, angle the popit into the hole all the way before fastening the center part down.

Anyone have any special tricks or tips to get my engine cover to fit properly? I can't get it aligned with all four holes to insert the plastic screws. Only three will fit; the one closest to the passenger seat is about 1/4 inch off.

Is it possible mine is warped somehow? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I doubt yours is warped, the fitment sucks from the factory. I've had to wrestle mine on every since I bought the car. I can't tell you how many ways I've tried to get it on or how many pop-its I've gone through. It's just a PITA, period.

I just noticed that mine is sitting on their WITHOUT any brackets at all. Where could I find a part number and order online?

That would be your local friendly Subaru stealer.

Just cleaned out one of the sheds today and came across mine stuck behind some old chair under cardboard.

It's been there almost 5 years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That would be your local friendly Subaru stealer.

Just cleaned out one of the sheds today and came across mine stuck behind some old chair under cardboard.

It's been there almost 5 years.

You could probably sell that if you were inclined, M.C.

Archived