LegacyGT.com

spec b shift boot on 5mt.

ninjaturtlesM35x

so i am looking at new shift knobs, sts, shift boot, for my 5mt. nothing looks as good as the stock spec b and sti. i dont know anyone with a specb so i cant check what the difference is but i assume its not just the boot and knob. it looks like there is some kind of ring on the lever that is exposed. is there anyway i can make my cars shifter look like a spec b's?

haha I asked the same question a year ago. That ring you see is functional you must pull up on it in order to go into reverse. Theoretically you could make it look it like the spec b knob with a little DIY. The actual shift knob is sold at fredbeanspart.com

There was a guy in the UK here about a year ago selling 5spd "STi/Spec B" knobs for like $37 + $10 shipping from the UK. I didn't bite at the time, and about 4 months ago looked for the thread again, but couldn't find it. I know they make 5spd knobs, not sure if they have the shift boot ring though.

reverse ring.. how much does HP does the diy fake reverse ring add? i might do that after i hot glue a fake rally scoop to my roof. j/k. just another reason to hate myself for not waiting to get a spec-b. mabe i would be satisfied with just a shift boot that slides and isnt atached to the knob. 47 bucks shipped for a sti knob? shit.. the only knob i have found that i really liked is like 160$ from subaru. anyone have pics of a cool boot that doesnt have red writing all over it? preferably a sliding one.

i agree the only knob i really like is that spec b shift knob that costs 160 dollars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand-new-2004-2008-Subaru-WRX-STI-Shift-Knob_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem270375186878QQitemZ270375186878QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Has a 6spd pattern, no boot 'lip' to attach to the shift boot, and I can't guarantee it fits the 5spd shifter...but there ya go.

Archived