LegacyGT.com

08 STi steering wheel???

Cid369

Wassup guys,

Anyone know it we can use an 08 STi steering wheel? Since the 08 STi have all the audio controls on it. If we can, that will be awesome. Is smaller, more bad ass looking, and I love the fact that it don't have that stick for the cruse control.

--Ricky--

I bet you could. The airbag should use the same connector, and of course the splines are the same. Just a matter of getting one and trying it. You already have the appropriate clockspring as well.

I'd bet it will work.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 1 month later...

I'm doing the D wheel because the seat doesn't go low enough and the extra clearance helps enough I don't need to swap in new seats.

is this better? :D

http://www.avojdm.com/images/ss358_s_red.jpg

Did you follow the instructions from Trabbic? I picked up an 08 LGT wheel and I'm gonna swap it out with my 07. I don't care about the info button or the SI button but I want the audio and the cruise control. Anybody do this swap yet?

You're back in a Legacy? :eek:

Nope! Mr. "I don't plan on modding my car" bought an STI. :rolleyes:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

or, just get a 355mm aftermarket one. mine comes in this week :nana:

http://www.avojdm.com/images/ss358_d.jpg

How much does a flat bottom wheel like that cost, and where are you getting it from?

I'm tall and a wheel like that would give just a little extra leg room, nice.

You're back in a Legacy? :eek:

almost! the STI is based on the Legacy so I'm pleasantly surprised how little 'luxury' I lost and how much performance I gained.

Nope! Mr. "I don't plan on modding my car" bought an STI. :rolleyes:

hey now...I left it stock for six months (longer than the LGT stayed stock). :D

How much does a flat bottom wheel like that cost, and where are you getting it from?

I'm tall and a wheel like that would give just a little extra leg room, nice.

I saw it first on japanparts.com but they wanted MORE than MSRP. I pinged Paul at AVO and they added it to their site. $550ish for the 'D' version + about $40 shipping.

I'm buying one for the same reason - I want the extra room under the wheel (can't put the seat any lower than it is already).

hey now...I left it stock for six months (longer than the LGT stayed stock). :D

Yeah,.......right. I don't remember any qualification on how long you'd leave it stock. just that "it's good the way it is":rolleyes:;)

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived