LegacyGT.com

Autocross in Anderson April 11

mightyS

The Clemson sports car club is hosting another autocross in Anderson, SC, on April 11. Here is the link:http://www.clemsonscc.com/

It is a good smaller autocross for those who are new and have never tried it. I'll be there with my Legacy.

This is a good place for a 1st time autocross. I had one of the recent Clemson grads ride with me to show me how to drive it. There should be experienced people to help the new drivers out.

We are driving a large parking lot that is free from trees and light poles so it is rather safe. My top speed was rather low too at about 42 mph. I never had to shift out of 2nd gear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, hosting it the day before Easter meant several people couldn't make it. That was the only day we could get before the semester ends at Clemson.

I was much faster than before and could hit about 52 mph instead of 42 in the back sweeper turn. I am not sure of my speed because I only had a second to look down and saw the big tach and not the speedometer.

I was in the D class with several modified Miatas. They all beat me. The coures had several tight spots and was designed by a guy with a Miata. Those little cars are built for autocrosses. If we just had a big track, they would be in trouble! The fastest car was a modified Honda S2000 CR.

I did beat some expensive cars including a new BMW M5 and a New Ford cobra with a big V8.

Archived