LegacyGT.com

Xo2 CBE/TBE Opinons?

Kupkake

Hey guys,

I am looking into TBE pretty soon, and thinking about what brand to go with.

I don't want it loud, i know that for sure, but do want a nice sound, so I am looking at HKS Silent CBE, or Xo2 CBE. Simply put, HKS; is nice sound, Xo2 has the best price!

Prob gonna marry eaither of the 2 with a Xo2 or Invidia DP also. Prefferable with a resonator, tho i don't know if the Xo2 has one.

Any opinions about the Xo2?

I love the XO2 or XO2 knockoff system I bought. There are like 5 different sellers on ebay listed in El Monte, CA selling the same exhaust for at least $500 less than anything else on the market. I like the sound, it's not too loud like some subies i've heard but loud enough for some folks to take notice when you get on the throttle. It looks nice on the car and was easy to install.

I love the XO2 or XO2 knockoff system I bought. There are like 5 different sellers on ebay listed in El Monte, CA selling the same exhaust for at least $500 less than anything else on the market. I like the sound, it's not too loud like some subies i've heard but loud enough for some folks to take notice when you get on the throttle. It looks nice on the car and was easy to install.

was the Ebay CBE 3" to the Y? how was the fitment? did it come with Gaskets?

the xo2 CBE rusts easier than others, apparently. that's what I picked up from reading around, it is made from a different kind of steel. so if you're in an area with bad winters it might not be the choice for you...the salt will eat through it quick.

but, for the price...your call.

I've had mine on for about two years now and am only seeing a little bit of rust on the welds where the tip meets the can. I got mine in the 4th group buy. It seems like everyone with rust got their exhaust in the 3rd or previous GBs. If you are worried about rust, just get them coated. Even with the coating it should still only be about half of what you'd pay for another brand new exhaust.

I polished the tips and cans about a month ago and I thought they were actually too shiny for me. The mufflers will take some work to get the tips centered up with the cutouts.

Other than that I think it sounds great.

Remember that is with stock mufflers! And for the $100 that i picked up the mid and y pipe for i couldnt go wrong!

+1, I run the mid and Y with Borla mufflers.

Just to be safe, I sprayed the pipes with high heat paint to avoid rust issues.

I went with the resonated Xo2 CBE in the 4th group buy also. Sounds great but I wish I would have put the money toward a better quality system. About 1 year old and it is rusting, and the fitment is terrible. I finally got the passenger side lined up, but the driver side will not center. I have been to multiple muffler shops and they do not want to help me. I could have gotten a used system for not that much more money and would have been much more satisfied. Now I will be spending more money on a good system, plus I am out the money for the Xo2. My $.02.

I have a x02 cbe. bought it from a guy on here. i had the whole exhaust powdercoated gray with a high heat paint. I live in South Dakota, has been through a winter and the coating is holding up stronge. Plus i think it sounds good. going to gut my dp this weekend then we will see what it really sounds like

Nice, good input, I live in NJ/Philly area so winters are so so. nothing crazy, but I understand that it could rust being considerably cheaper and all...

Do you guys get drone on the highway? any in-cabin sound clips? I did the usually search/goggling...

It drones. Usually it doesn't bother me but Saturday I had a terrible headache and I wanted to die (figuratively of course).

Placing sound deadeners in the trunk will get rid of a significant amount of the drone. I'm not using any though.

OT...What town in Jersey are you from Kupkake? I'm from Washington Twp.

OT...What town in Jersey are you from Kupkake? I'm from Washington Twp.

Nother post...

I live in South Jersey in Near Philly, in a town called Delran. But right now I am up at school at ESU, about 30min away from u in PA haha.

Does your have any rust? or signs of unusual wear? Also, any other pipes? UP or DP?

Any sound-clips!?:redface:

Rust is a must for XO2 CBE... :lol::lol: The muffler is just ok but the Mid and Y-Pipe are terrible.

Still running stock UP/DP for now.

I'm running XO2 mid/Y with stock cans and Invidia hi-flow cat DP. When I had the XO2 cans on, I got some drone (keep in mind this is on a wagon), and decided I wanted something quieter. Also, I was frustrated in my inability to get the XO2 mufflers to line up properly in the cutouts. That said, the mid/Y sections are doing just fine. I might look into getting the cans back on and fitted properly - I miss my rumble :lol:
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Ya I don't know what people are talking about rust on the XO exhaust. It is stainless steel , and not the cheap 403 stainless steel a magnet will stick to. I guess if paid $1000 for some other brands metal pipe and found out it did the same thing as a $300 exhaust I'd be irked too. $700-1000 for some other exhausts systems ?! I mean come on gimme a break, what's it cost in materials and labor? A couple hundred bucks tops.

Archived